Eric Thames shouldn't be OF eligible

Is there a way to remove this. He should still need 1 game started or 1 appearance by my counts. He had a game where he was in multiple outfield positions. I think this may be similar to Schwarber earlier this year.

1 Like

LOL…seriously?

Yes. Based on ottoneu rules, he has 9 games played in OF, 4 games started. He has 10 games played on Fangraphs, 9 on Baseball Reference, because FG counts the one game he had as LF-RF as 2 games. However, Ottoneu doesn’t use LF, CF, RF spots, so really that game is just an OF-OF game, which shouldn’t count as 2 OF games.

It’s not a question of if I think Thames should or shouldn’t have OF. It is a statement that, according to ottoneu rules, he should not have it, as he has not met the requirements set forth by the system.

but you sound mad about this…like…it’s something that really matters.

Is there a way to remove this. He should still need 1 game started or 1 appearance by my counts. He had a game where he was in multiple outfield positions. I think this may be similar to Schwarber earlier this year.

the fact that you missed the question mark in the first post makes me believe that you are white hot about this. why? It’s not like he wasn’t an OF in every other platform from opening day.

Wait a min…do you not have any Thames shares?

With Braun on the DL again, Thames will probably get OF eligibility soon on either a spot start or double switch with Aguilar. So it probably doesn’t matter much. Might as well trust the algorithm that records these things in FG stats. At least it’s consistent when it errors.

1 Like

Yeah we’re going to leave OF eligibility for Thames. Some time in the future we might look at outs played per defensive position for eligibility, but that will require new data feeds, so for now, goofy things like Thames getting OF eligibility one game early can happen.

2 Likes