I am trying to learn how fantasy basketball works

I’m not about to build an ottoneu fantasy basketball game in the short-term, got too many other things to work on. However, I am interested in learning more about how fantasy basketball scoring works and how an ottoneu Fantasy Basketball game might work in the future.

To that end, I’m starting up an ESPN league with @Miguel, @DSpracale, and a few other ottoneu players. Going to be mostly about research, but I’m sure some competition will seep in. If you are interested, drop a line here. We need 4 more owners and it’d be great to keep it to a set of ottoneu players.

Keep in mind that if you’re in the league, you will get a pretty direct opportunity to show me things in the ESPN interface that you’d like to see brought over to ottoneu.

2 Likes

Down to 3 spots left

Are you still looking for players? I don’t follow basketball TOO much but I’d be happy to take a crack at it in the name of research (and fun!).

1 Like

Yep, I’ll get you invited. 2 spots left, anyone else who might be interested just drop a line here or email me.

Don’t tell my wife, but I’m interested

1 Like

Your secret is safe with us :laughing:

Ok one spot left!

I’m interested if you still have an opening. Haven’t played fantasy basketball season long in quite some time, but played a lot of NBA daily fantasy past couple years.

Aight you get the last spot - shoot help@ottoneu.com an email with your preferred email address and I’ll get you invited.

Thanks y’all!

I am going to be so bad at this

I plan on owning only former OSU or Syracuse players, that’s a winning strategy, right?

Evan Turner-Carmelo Anthony superteam!

I’m drafting all the basketball players I know including Steph Curry, Draymond Green, Kobe Bryant, and Michael Jordan. And Bill Murray from his role in Space Jam.

So when are we drafting for this?

Oh boy. Hey team, a spot might have just opened up…

I’m kidding of course. I know Wayne Knight was in Space Jam too!

Stoked about this. You still have that one spot open @nivshah?

Nah it is full. Thanks!

1 Like

Can you share your espn scoring. Starting a league myself as a rookie.

We’re still sorting out the stats, but I’ll post them here once we determine.

Hey all,

I think we should lean towards doing an auction, as snake drafting can be really tricky since to be honest not all of us know the players.

Thoughts?