Jorge Soler, CHC OF

Jorge Soler: $11

Keep or Cut?

• KEEP
  • CUT

0 voters

Wow, even 50-50 right now. I voted keep, $11 is cheap enough that if he busts I won’t feel too bad and I think he still has huge potential.

Soler is a tough call next year. Looks like he has so much talent, but hasn’t put it all together yet for an extended period.

I’m encouraged by what I’ve seen out of him since the return from the DL. .275/.356/.549 with 7 homers in 104 PA’s. My biggest question with Soler is how much PT he will get. Next season Schwarber will be back and you won’t see both Schwarber and Soler in the same OF very often. I voted keep because I think at $11 there’s not much risk and we’ve seen some really good flashes. Damn the NL for not having the DH.

1 Like

The PT issue is a good point to raise, but I still think the Cubs make some kind of trade this winter, dealing a bat for an arm. The FA market will be so thin this winter that a lot of teams may end up swapping pieces around, and the Cubs clearly have depth to make something happen by subtracting from their OF.

Eh I don’t think they’re dealing Soler for an arm. They’ve got Arrieta, Lester, Hendricks, Lackey, Hammel and Montgomery under contract next season. If anything I can see them moving Soler for a CF if they don’t re-sign Fowler.