Live Scoring for Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball

Any reason the live scoring isn’t updating?

3 Likes

Hasn’t worked for me most of day. Keep waiting it will fix itself.

1 Like

Hasn’t worked all day. Paging @nivshah.

2 Likes

Does Niv know? Don’t need to be the 44th person to email him, but I’m surprised nothing was posted here.

2 Likes

Ah, I see you pinged him Brian. I’ll just be patient.

1 Like

It’s been an on and off occurrence for the past few days.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

I really apologize for the lack of a timely response. I have had very low connectivity the last few days, so I haven’t had a chance to look into what was going on here.

I know this issue surfaced sporadically starting last Sunday and culminated in an almost full day outage yesterday. @nielsie nailed it on the head - little known fact that FanGraphs has a live box scores, and that is what powers our live stats. Their data provider has had a rough week, and it basically flowed downhill to FG and then to Ottoneu.

I’m monitoring the status of things today and will be more proactive if issues crop up moving forward. Again, I apologize for the delay in a response, and I appreciate you guys taking it to the forums!

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Wrong Start Time for Toronto-Baltimore 5/20/2017

Live scoring is down again today, Sunday 7/2/17. Has been since about 1:15pm ET, but this is the first chance I’ve had to post it here.

3 Likes

Seems like the same/similar issue as before. FanGraphs box scores aren’t updating either.

Our stats provider is dealing with an issue that arose yesterday and is still affecting them today. Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

1 Like

Is it possible to add a contingency stats provider that could be flipped on in the event of these outages?

1 Like

The cost associated with sports data are very high so we won’t be adding a secondary provider. While today is really annoying, the stats will be counted once our data provider comes back online.

Longer term, I’m having a conversation with my contacts at FanGraphs about our comfort level with our current sports data providers.

2 Likes

Live scoring not working?

Live scoring isn’t working tonight?

This one was my fault and should be fixed in the next 30 minutes.

A post was split to a new topic: Seattle-Houston Start Time 9/16/2017