New Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball Landing Page

The tip of the iceberg on the baseball redesign can now be seen. Visit ottoneu.fangraphs.com while logged out - either log out or visit in a private browsing session.

You can see the direction we’ll be going, as well as the new logo. Lots more to come on this front soon.

7 Likes

Minor nitpick, the graphic on the right hand side showing the roster of “Team Dark Overlord” has a format of Player/Salary/Position for the first two players (Miggy and JUpton), but then switches to Player/Position/Salary for the remainder.

Good eye, fixed it.

Wow, that looks great!

A few very, very minor notes - on content rather than design:

• You have Ortiz down as an OF (and should he even be there anyway?)

• Team Dark Overlord are overbudget - I wonder if that might confuse people who are new to Ottoneu

• On the ‘Deep Rosters’ section: the section is headed ‘Deep Rosters’ but in the copy it says you ONLY have 40 roster spots. I know you are trying to draw a contrast between the entire universe of MLB and MiLB and your roster, but I think you should be playing up the 40-man roster not seeing it as being limiting

• Under ‘Trades & Waivers’ you talk about ‘building for a playoff run’ - but (to my knowledge!) there are no playoffs in Ottoneu… :wink:

• Under ‘Arbitration’ I’m not sure you can ‘assign a new value’ to breakout players. I think ‘Add dollars’ might be better

Sorry, got my Editor’s hat on…

But it really does look great!

2 Likes

This thread isn’t necessarily the best place for copy-editing, but feel free to email help@ottoneu.com. Thanks!

Sorry Niv, will email you next time!

1 Like

Niv, let me first say it looks great. I have always really like the existing design of Ottoneu, but this new one makes me hope you can implement it soon. But a bit of feedback on the design aspect: the readability of the text is very low:

I would suggest either make the green or blue diamond background images transparent , or but a grey transparent box behind the text, but ultimately I don’t think the green and blue diamond images add anything, other than making everything else hard to read. I do really like the score card images here and there.

Great work! And let me know if I can help.
RJ

I think you need to clear your cache @rjweise.

Awesome, looks great @nivshah

1 Like

Looks great @nivshah! Now I just need to start getting used to this community :slight_smile: - seems cool!

2 Likes