Ottoneu Surplus Calculator (2017 version)

One more big change, you no longer have to monkey with the filter in the Team Totals tab every time you enter a new league number (hat tip to @sakiehl), everything just works automatically once you enter the league number.

2 Likes

Fantastic job @vibbot!

1 Like

I haven’t actually written about how I calculate the dollar values, and that is definitely something I should put together soon, but yes basically I’m just using a simple Points Above Replacement calculation.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I’ve made the argument in other discussions recently that even with the same set of projections the calculated dollar values can have some significant differences. Running these values is as much an art as it is science.

Just updated FGPts values, should have the other formats updated in a day or so.

1 Like

There was a slight problem with FGPts and SABR values, those have been corrected. 5x5 and 4x4 to follow shortly

5x5 and 4x4 $ values are now updated!

Is that a linear calculation?

Yes, the calculation I’m using is just (projected PPG minus positional baseline PPG) times projected Games.

Is there a way to use this to evaluate proposed trades? I can’t see how, since it relies on your official roster, but just wondering.

2 Likes

Dollar values for all formats have been updated now that ZiPS has been released and incorporated into the Depth Charts projections.

1 Like

I just added and option to use RotoGraphs composite FGPts dollar values, just change cell B22 on the Team Totals tab to “Yes”.

Thanks for all the work on this tool! It’s fantastic. One question: is the excel version now defunct?

Yes, unfortunately it was too difficult to keep it up to date as I added features to the Sheets version

@vibbot Hey is the ottoneu slack still running? I’d be interested in joining. E-mail is evan.wind at gmail.

Thanks!

1 Like

This is such a fantastic tool. Thank you. Any idea when it will be available for this year?

I won’t have updated $ values until Steamer is released, which usually happens end of October/early November.

1 Like

Does the podcast discuss adding custom values? I’m having a bit of trouble with this.

Not in terms of how to create custom values, no.