Player position eligibility for 2017

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd17575a640> #<Tag:0x00007fd17575a348> #<Tag:0x00007fd175759f10>

I have vague recollection of asking this before, but after spending 20 minutes trying to find it (unsuccessfully) can anyone tell me if there is a list of official position eligibility for the 2017 season? Both @LuckyStrikes and @eamuscatuli (and I believe @nivshah as well) have posted data sets with players and positions, but I have not been able to find for certain if those reflect the 2016 season or 2017, a best guess or if they are “calculated” based on the Ottoneu rules. Same applies to data from Fangraphs.

All positions are 2017 positions now. So any data sets you have with a positions field that was generated after the season ended contains 2017 position eligibility.

Average Values pages have 2017 positions:

Thank you Niv and Brinksmen

I think Brinksmen is the group that @ahix24 is in :slight_smile:

Duh… :blush: I was just kidding of course… ahum…
I do struggle a bit with the Treys called LuckyStrikes, and Justins called Easc… you know who. Would be nice to see the username and first name in a hover over or something. No excuse for dumbo who uses the group name of course

No idea or recollection how I got the Brinksmen tag, but happy to be associated with those fine gentlemen, so no offense taken at all!