2022 OPL is live!

Hi Niv, is there a place to ask about team eligibility issues? I have a team that I believe should be eligible (Lightsabermetrics, League 99, Team 576) that is showing up as ‘not qualified’ despite coming in first place last year.

I think that team is in league 85?

Yeah, my mistake, league 85.

Looks like the Neanderthals is expired. For a team to be eligible, all the other teams in that league must have an active manager.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up, I had missed that they didn’t have a manager because their roster is legal and they were not showing up with red font. So if/when they get a manager my team will be eligible for OPL (provided there are spaces)?

Yep, as far as I can tell.

Nice adjustment on 60 day IL players. Eminently fair.

rustydude aka Framber Forever

3 Likes

Re: Rosters over 40 players

Just to clarify, if you keep Ronald Acuna (or another player who is going to end up on the 60 day DL) and you draft/acquire a 41st player than that player is not eligible for OPL scoring? Or, asked another way, if you are carrying 40 players and one of your players suffers a major injury than you can not replace him in your OPL lineup?

It seems the intent of the rule should be to prevent teams from picking up a host of guys who are already injured, not to penalize teams that have players who get injured which is what this rule does.

Your understanding is correct, in that if you want to stash a 60IL player who was not a recent addition to your team, you won’t get a 41st spot in OPL. OPL is about trade-offs.

Will sign ups be held open until 240 teams are entered? Still waiting on a vacancy filling in one league I’m in.

rustydude aka Framber Forever

We’ve just crossed the 75 team threshold so 2022 OPL is guaranteed to happen.

2 Likes

If xprospects is ineligible due to custom rules, I suspect league 1336 (a 5x5 xprospects league) is also ineligible.

1 Like

We’re over 100 entries into OPL in just under 24 hours. 136 entries left, season starts April 7!

97 spots left

1 Like

Re: Rosters over 40 players

Niv, how will the system handle a situation such as a 2 for 3 trade involving a 60IL player when players are acquired simultaneously? If a simultaneously acquiring players puts a team over 40 players, is there a way to ensure the “injured” player would be left off the OPL snapshot rather than an active one?

Players are never added simultaneously in multi-player trades. They are ordered by player universe ID lowest to highest in most cases.

Teams that are in OPL will have a list on their team roster page of players that will not make their next snapshot if they have over 40 players on their team.

1 Like

I’ve rolled out a change to team pages that will show players projected to miss the OPL snapshot.

Feel free to reach out to me or create a new thread on the forums if you have any specific questions.

There are 62 spots remaining in the 2022 OPL.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Seeking team for OPL

There are 22 spots left in the 2022 OPL. A bunch of teams are drafting this week / weekend so I am pretty confident it’s going to fill up. If you want in, do not delay!

1 Like

11 spots in the 2022 OPL left…