Commissioner Notes

Hi all,

In order to provide some entertainment over the all-star break, as well as to encourage rebuilding teams by rewarding them for their good transactions (despite their position in the standings), I’ve created a mid-season awards/all-star ballot for my league. The categories are:

Best early auction buy (picks 1-99)
Best late auction buy (picks 100-end of draft)
Best waiver wire add (pitcher)
Best waiver wire add (hitter)
Best breakout pitcher (keeper $15 or under)
Best breakout hitter (keeper $15 or under)
Best trade

I then scoured the transactions page and draft history to find candidates and created a Google Form so my league could vote. As league members have responded to my post announcing the initiative, it has been pushed down the message board and will soon disappear from the league home page.

I was hoping that you might be able to add a feature for commissioners to pin a post at the top of the message board, similar to how you can pin emails to the top of an inbox or a tweet to the top of your Twitter page in order to increase visibility. This would obviously be helpful for what I am doing now, but it could also be helpful in the future for any other important league announcements.

7 Likes

This is similar to the request of:

https://community.ottoneu.com/t/commissioners-can-pin-posts-to-the-top-of-the-message-board/3945

However, I am specifically making this request on behalf of leagues with local rules that would like them easily and permanently accessible to owners. A message box with pertinent rules/upcoming events/etc. would be a welcome addition to the home page above the scrolling league message board.

2 Likes

This makes sense. Multiple ways of allowing commissioners a more permanent way of communicating with their league, both for fun and for custom rules / more serious stuff, would be a good improvement.

6 Likes

This has been added.

Where is the new League note supposed to show up? I’m having trouble seeing where published League notes go.

There was an issue with Commissioner Notes right when I deployed them. If you write one now, it should show up under League Settings.

2 Likes