Head-to-Head scoring coming to Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball in 2018

There has definitely been ample information explaining the 2 SP roster decision, as well as the IP and GP rules. I’d say 11/12 players in our first year H2H FGPoints draft understood the rules beforehand. I’m a first time player and I found it, despite being old struggling with computers in general…

Ottoneu seems to provide a more realistic baseball experience than some of the other platforms. Anything that provides additional layers of strategy is a positive bonus, and that’s exactly what the 2 SP limit does. No need to gravitate towards the mean.

Here are a few of my initial thoughts on how the 2SP’s will affect things, they probably won’t be very helpful, and will undoubtedly prove inaccurate. The math is rough, at best.

• It’s going to be really hard to hit 14 GS each matchup.
    • Assuming a 5 man rotation and an average of 6 games a week for a team, a SP should average about 1.2 starts per matchup.
    • It will take 11-12 SP to have any shot reaching 14 GS most weeks.
      • 12 teams x 12 SP =144 needed minimum.
      • Only 150 dudes have rotation spots at any one time…
      • I’m targeting 14-15 SP to try and make sure I hit GS max each week.
  • There will be a lot of value in high IP relievers, just like real life!
    • There are 5 roster spots for RP and no IP caps, it’s the one part of your roster that is open to streaming in this format! I’m targeting 8-9 RP.
  • If everybody rosters a large pitching staff, its going to be very hard to hit 162 games played per offensive position because benches will be thin.
    • This alone adds tons of value to multi-position eligible players.
    • Benches should be thin! MLB teams don’t have backups for every position, the Giants are probably starting the season with only 4 guys on the bench…;(

MLB 25 man rosters are approximately 50% pitching/hitting. I’m thinking these rules will lead to similar roster ratios in H2H leagues.

3 Likes