Ottoneu Player Rankings on Rotographs

I know in previous years (definitely last year), Trey Vaughn did Ottoneu specific player rankings. Does he still work/write for Fangraphs? I noticed he hasn’t written anything in the last year. Just wondering as I was keeping an eye out for it (also enjoying getting more Ottoneu specific content).

2 Likes

I don’t think Trey is writing anymore, but I have just started up again. I could do something like this - can you tell me more about what you are looking for vs. what is provided in the Surplus Calculator? SC is just values based on projections, so are you looking more for rankings that take into account future value, disagreement with projections, etc.? Something else?

1 Like

Some of things I enjoyed that aren’t necessarily present in the Surplus Calculator (which is a brilliant creation btw) are:
The average P/G out of that position (from at least the previous year)
Subjective ranking factoring future value vs short term value
Subjectivity regarding the projection with a quick 1-2 sentences and outlook
The future value is something that is missing from the SC and that would be one the major things is the overall outlook and the value of that future potential

I could be forgetting other things but those were the things that jumped to mind. I appreciate the quick response and I’m hooked on Ottoneu and enjoy reading content related to it. The Ottobot podcast has been really great to hear the debates and thoughts regarding Ottoneu specific leagues and values

1 Like