Make it easier to compare FAs to my team

A couple of requests:

When I am searching for a player on waivers, I can see their ownership, ave salary and 7/30 day adds. Is there a way to be have these search categories available when looking at you own roster on the roster organizer and lineup page?

When picking up players on waivers, is it possible to include your own team players for comparison purposes. Also the ability to drill down to 7/15/30 day stats.

Thanks

2 Likes

I could add these columns on the Roster Organizer. The lineup page is already pretty full and I’d like to minimize adding more information there, but this information seems relevant on the Roster Organizer.

I’m a little confused by how this would look or what you have in mind here when you say including your own team players. Could you clarify?

In terms of recent splits, I know the FanGraphs player pages have that information. I think of FanGraphs as where most of the research should happen for Ottoneu leagues, but that line is a soft and ever-moving one.

Re: the last point about including your own players, many fantasy sites let you see your rostered players in FA lists so you can identify at a glance how the best FA compared to your worst rostered players. Easy enough to do yourself, but helpful from time to time when trying to decide who to cut (or deciding if that FA is really doing better than the guy you want to cut).

Makes sense and I’m interested in adding this to the site. Would love to see an example of this to wrap my head around it if anyone can share one.

Thanks eamuscatuli, that’s exactly what I meant. If you see a Yahoo league page, they have a tick box to “Show my team”, that includes your players. Its so useful for comparing your worst players to waiver players for potential pick-ups.

In terms of the first point, you could include player research as an item on the drop down menu to keep the interface as is.

1 Like

2 Likes

My team are the Tricky Dickies, comparing my SS over the last 14 days to Free Agents.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. This makes sense to me, and I’ll try to work on it in the off-season.

Hey Niv

Any update soon this wish list item?

Thanks

Thanks for bumping, this one totally slipped by my off-season plans. I don’t see any problem introducing this enhancement in-season so I’ll try to get to it as soon as I finish the stuff that has to go out before the season starts.

1 Like

Bumping again to keep in your thoughts…

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve been doing a lot of work on Search to make it faster, so I am close to being ready to address this and other Search-related enhancements.

1 Like

There is now a checkbox that allows you to include your team when searching Free Agents on the Search page:

Right now, this option can only be checked if you search FA-only, since otherwise your team’s roster will not be excluded from search. Thanks the @Senseipaz for the suggestion, here’s a Genie badge.

1 Like

This works great! Thanks Niv!

1 Like