Salary Cap Impact in Trade Offers

I think a way for cap results of a pending trade to show in the offer would be helpful. The offering team can see the cap results of the offer before they send it but the team receiving the offer is left to do the math. Would be much more convenient to see it in the offer before accepting or rejecting as well as for teams voting on a trade.

4 Likes

This is a really good idea and Iā€™ll queue it up.

2 Likes

I like this suggestion. Most of the time I just resort to recreating the trade in the wizard.

4 Likes

Ok, Iā€™ve taken a stab at this - the last row of the trade offer shows current and future free cap space. Please let me know what you think!

4 Likes

This is great, thank you! Very helpful to have this inside the trade offer.

I do have a question. I assume the cap results are a reflection of when the trade was submitted and they do not continually update? I have 2 pending offers that were sent at different times. One says ā€œHas $8 freeā€ and the other says ā€œHas $7 freeā€. Not a big deal to me, just wanting to make sure that is the case and it isnā€™t a glitch.

1 Like

Hm, that seems like a bug - I am using the date the trade was proposed to figure out salary situations, but if the trade is still active (not responded to) it should use the current date, and not when the trade was proposed. Sounds like you probably freed up a dollar in between those two trades offers coming in, yes?

Iā€™ll put in a fix shortly. UPDATE: easy fix, done.

1 Like