Strategy question, Tatis

In our league the manager who rosters Tatis has him for 94 bucks or so, the most expensive Tatis on the site…anyways, what would be a good strategy for this player? (lets assume his injury keeps him out for the year). Initially I thought he should cut Tatis, but I don’t think anyone is going to grab him off waiver for 94 bucks, which then means he would go to FA with the bidding starting at 47 bucks. And obviously who knows what he would actually go for, but you’d imagine it would be less than 94. Also obvious, the guy who spent 94 on him really likes him, but if he drops him with the plan of drafting him next year, could be a decent chance someone keeps him for a fraction of the current cost. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Assuming he actually gets the surgery and out for the remainder of 2021 (probable, but not certain as of this writing), he’s not a keeper at $96+ for 2022, IMHO. So the best course of action for his owner is to cut him to free up cap space. Holding onto him for the duration of the season and then cutting him in January is not a smart move, IMHO. Someone will get Tatis for a discount, but that’s better than tying up $47+ for the duration of 2021.

2 Likes

At that price (the highest across Ottoneu) I would not hesitate to cut him. If he were signed for cheap-ish (like, less than $50) I might consider keeping him but it’s not worth almost 1/4 of a team’s budget for him to sit on the bench all year. Owner can always use the $$ to sign some players and trade for him or make a loan.

1 Like