Two-start SPs page

With the integration of the new projected starting pitchers feed, we now have a page that lists all the two-start SPs for both this week and next week and sometimes into the following week. This page will be accessible through the Players menu in the future, but I wanted to share it with the community to get some feedback before making it a permanent part of the site.

The page is at “twostartSPs”, so my league’s two-start page lives at https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/1/twostartSPs

Replace the number “1” with your league ID to see your two-start SP page.

3 Likes

This could be great for making up innings at the end of the year! Not to mention the H2H aspect, heh :wink:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: H2H Gameplay Strategy Discussion

Yep, there are weekly lineup leagues too. Might make sense to link to this page from the lineup page directly!

It looks good, but it is showing a pitcher I cut as one of the SPs owned by me, instead of as a Free Agent.

1 Like

Thanks, this has been fixed, I believe

1 Like

Usability feedback: I probably don’t care if I can see SPs owned by others, but I would like to see opponent for the two starts, so I can determine how tough a matchup the SP faces. Of course, I’m not playing H2H, so I can see that my opponent for the week might matter in those cases.

Yeah, so generally are these 2-start SP pages more useful if it only shows free agents? What do y’all prefer?

I think you are right…Free Agents only. Even in H2H, Ottoneu limits SPs to 2 per day, so there is probably little reason to include the week’s opponent in this. Keep it simple.

1 Like

FA-only and showing matchups make sense to me, but the new feed has different major league team IDs than our other data providers, and I haven’t gotten around to building a lookup table yet. So, I’ll look into doing that later tonight.

This page has been updated:

1. It only shows FA SPs now. I’m happy to change this based on feedback.
  2. Matchups are now displayed

Please take a peek and let me know your thoughts.

It looks much more useful now. But I wonder if something is broken. For both weeks, it only shows Monday-Saturday SPs. None are Monday-Sunday or Tuesday-Saturday. I’m pretty sure there are some of those too.

I agree, it doesn’t seem to be including enough pitchers.

UPDATE: ok, much better now.