Adding Median Salaries to Player Card (and some other stuff)

Median values have been fixed on the Average Values page. The Average Values CSV export was missing the Last 10 aggregate this whole time, so that has been added in as well, which unfortunately will require another Surplus Calculator update. Sorry @vibbot

2 Likes

Sorry, sorry! Got so excited I started clicking and typing and that’s when my reading comp begins to suffer. As you were…

2 Likes

Looks great Niv. Thanks for always innovating and fulfilling wishlists. Best fantasy sports platform!

2 Likes

Ah it was all @MLB who already has a Genie badge so I can’t give a second.

1 Like

I’m struck by how close the mean and medians are. I was expecting that there’d be greater divergence, especially before most 2021 auctions. But in most cases the difference is within a $1 or so.

1 Like

Very cool Niv, just checking in and seeing all this good news, thanks a million again. I think it’s a nice touch to drill down on these values, and it will add even more intrigue to an already super intriguing fantasy format. Bravo!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cross-league Player Notes

Yeah it’s not quite as dramatic as expected here either, but I’ll take certainty over surprise where available. We’ve now got a baseline from which to get a very quick insight on the trends, which direction values are skewing in relation to the median. If nothing else it lends an extra layer of legitimacy to valuation inferences. I’m sure we’ll see some interesting swings after draft season is well underway, plus median will do a better job of limiting the impact of 1st year leagues on what we’d previously been looking at as the “market price.” Agree/disagree?

Furthermore, now with the separation of Last-10, that can be used with confidence as a detail on the most recent skew inputs. I’m still exploring all this, but I think it’s terrific.

I’m hoping you can clarify how to read the new format. I wanted to track trends farther out than the 10 days so I copy and pasted the averages into my notes on Feb 12th and now when I compare those to the averages they seem reversed. Unless I’m reading it wrong and the faded green tab is what I’m looking at.

I’ll look into this but it does look reversed from what I’d expect.

There are player graphs further down that track 30 days visually just as a FYI.

Confirmed they were reversed. This is now fixed.

1 Like

Great, thanks Niv.

I do also use the 30 day visual, I’m just a data nerd lol.

1 Like

Good catch, well that makes more sense. Even better now.