H2H Gameplay Strategy Discussion

This is my first year in Otteneu, I joined a new FGPTS league and new H@H league, so I haven’t experienced an off season market adjustment period. I can assume that the Market would adjust to the value of the SP and our rosters would reflect this next year. However, in the weekly gameplay, I sense that adding the 3rd daily SP slot could muddy the waters more. A team with more pitchers lined up with 2 starts could have even more of an advantage over a team with fewer SPs lined up for starts. This is occurring now I feel. Having a St/Wk limit could make the weekly matchups less influenced by this. There would be less scurrying on the FA market for weak 2 start SPs, especially once the playoffs arrive.

Having a Hard Cap on St/Wk could work to make the weekly matchups more even this way.

I don’t feel the issue is one of market adjustment and misperceived value of SPs at the beginning of the season. It right now is one of how many SPs slots can a manager fill up weekly. I have scored the most points overall in my H2H league yet I am 9-6 due to this, It wasn’t manager error on my part, and some of those losses I just lost to the better team that week, but the other losses were due to SPs lining up better for the other team. I’m not referring to the problem of 4-5 starters on one day, but what “quality” of pitcher lines up for 2 starts. If the other teams has 3-4 of their top SPs line-up for 2 starts, and my teams top SPs only line up for 1 start, there is a disadvantage. This disadvantage is also driving the FA scramble for replacement level FA SPs to fill in and attempt to compete. I don’t think adding a 3rd SP slot will correct this issue. Inevitably wouldn’t there will still be unbalanced weekly matchups due to amount of SP starts each team can roster over the period.