Head-to-Head scoring coming to Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball in 2018

Ok, well at some point this debate has to end, and we’re going to do that here.

The caveat for everything below is that we should keep the conversation going through the season and I’m more than willing to revisit any / all these decisions in the 2018-19 offseason.

1. We’re going to go with 2 SP slots for H2H game modes, and no inning or games started cap. Bid on SP and build your roster accordingly.
  2. In 2018, we’re looking at a 25 week schedule, with a couple of longer weeks, one for the opening week (3/29-4/8) and one around the All-Star break (7/16-7/29). Thanks for the note on this @murph3699
  3. H2H will have 1 catcher slot. Again, thanks to @murph3699 for pointing this out. There is a very good chance this ends up leading to switching to 1 C slot across the board, which will be finalized within the next week.
  4. We will have 3 playoff configurations that any league can opt-in to:
    a. Wild-card, 2-week championship matchup
    b. No wild-card, 2-week both rounds
    c. No wild-card, 2-week championship matchup
    All these options would start on 9/3, with option c. being the only way to avoid the last week of the regular season.
  5. The trade deadline will remain on 8/31 this season.

Both H2H and playoff options will be made available in the league settings and on the league creation page very soon - hopefully by the end of this week.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this conversation! I’m happy to see the amount of interest and excitement around this format, and I am looking forward to the first year of H2H Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball.

5 Likes