Inaugural season complete!

Yeah you can do this by having a 4 team playoff.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the basketball season. There were several guys in one of my leagues that were on Ottoneu for the first time. The first time there was a trade involving a big name player along with a giant loan, it absolutely blew their minds.

2 Likes

Great season I think everything went great! I don’t know if it is possible for H2H, but I think making before the all star break and after the all star break one giant week could be something to look into. I just got destroyed those two weeks with only 3 days of games.

5 Likes

The two biggest items I would like to see addressed revolve around the scheduling.

First- the weeks surrounding the All Star break (at least this year) were only about 3 NBA playing days a piece. If you weren’t aware, you could just stack both weeks with anyone playing and not meet the max weekly allotment. I’d like to be able to see those two weeks combined, if possible, so you’re playing one opponent and getting the max spots in that one matchup over two weeks.

Secondly- as mentioned, the last week of the NBA season is a roller coaster and causes chaos on teams as players sit for rest or sudden lineup changes. The four team playoff does work around this, but if a league wants to reward the 1 and 2 seed in a six team playoff this isn’t an option. I’d like to see the last week of the NBA season removed entirely and six team playoffs just start a week earlier than four team playoffs.

In all, loved the first season and the gripes above are just minor tweaks I’d love to see for a more competitive platform.

5 Likes

Inflation has been applied and we are officially in off-season mode. Please let me know if you have any questions about how inflation was applied.

Prizes will be sent out later this week.

Arbitration begins on May 1.

I hear the feedback on schedules and am working through a few ideas. I will have an update ahead of the 2022-23 regular season.

Let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts. Thanks!

hey niv, I thought players who played an NBA game went up by $3 and players who didn’t went up by $1. I could’ve swore that was in the rules but now I no longer see it.

it looks like rn everyone went up by $1. is that right?

1 Like

Oh wow yeah. I tested this yesterday and everyone who was supposed to go up $3 went up $3. I’ll fix this today.

1 Like

The proper $3 should now be correctly applied to all players who played at least one game in the NBA this season. I had to do a second transaction of a $2 increase to make it work.

3 Likes

I’ve added a second Util slot. This will show up in old lineups and can be safely ignored there. It will also show up on the Roster Organizer.

1 Like

will there be basketball badges?

There aren’t football or basketball badges yet and there are a few too many baseball badges. I plan on remedying that this summer.

1 Like

When is payouts coming?

Today or tomorrow! I’ll update this thread, but shouldn’t be much longer.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Basketball showing wrong league winners

Alright, an update for all of you patiently waiting for prizes.

1. I’m very close on dealing with this issue affecting leagues that had 4 playoff teams and thus skipped the final week of the NBA regular season:

I believe I will have this issue resolved tonight or tomorrow

1. Once I have that issue resolved, we should be fully ready to send prizes out to everyone. This will now happen either Saturday or Sunday.

I’ll update this thread once these steps are complete. Appreciate the patience and should have everyone sorted very soon!

1 Like

Bug is fixed, prizes tomorrow.

Ottoneu Fantasy Basketball prizes for the 2021-22 season have been sent out via PayPal.

Arbitration starts on May 1

1 Like

Just FYI the rules page still says arby starts June 1

Good call out, I was flopping between a couple of dates for when arb should start.

A post was split to a new topic: Keep players from last set lineup in the lineup for teams that aren’t engaged