Tracking the Success of Your Trades Over Time?

Prospects in general have been pretty disappointing this year. If I recall I think @jjdouglas predicted that there would be some perceived downturn after last year was amazing for young players, so he definitely hit the nail on the head there

I think you can cross-reference forum posts like thus:

@pmart1995 was looking for feedback on this trade

@nivshah @pmart1995 My instinct is to like that deal for the team unloading McCutchen and Kintzler - Iā€™m a fan of Suarez and Herrera/Williams are good values. Good work by the buying team to pick up Hendricks at 6 though, I think that definitely helps temper the pain of buying primarily rental players.

The inclusion of Adam Eaton at $7 is kind of what throws this trade off for me. Heā€™s probably the best piece here and Iā€™m not sure I would have included him if I were trying to snag the cheaper side of the deal (Suarez, Odubel, Williams, Rodon). Either way this doesnā€™t appear too lopsided and I can see it from both sides pretty easily. The value of Nick Williams could be significantly different (better) in 5x5 than FGPTS, too.

I prefer Hendricks and Eaton here regardless of situation. I think in an effort to ditch cutch, the seller gave the 2 best pieces in the deal.

I think Iā€™m liking this Trea Turner trade more and more @joecatz :slight_smile:

I occasionally use this feed to track trades over time, and this prospect-oriented deal will be an interesting one to watch @DSpracale.

1 Like

There was some discussion last year about how do you track the success of your trades over time (especially those involving @prospects). For those of you in the @community that want a place to go back and see how youā€™ve done over time (or ask for feedback from the rest of the community), feel free to post them in this feed. If you add the playersā€™ names to your post, you can easily search for the trade/post to reevaluate how your trade looks months or years later.

This trade was made last May and I think weā€™d do this one again, wouldnā€™t we @OttoneuTrades? Could look different in May of 2017, but weā€™ll seeā€¦

The part of the deal that I am most concerned about is Bour. I really think he could be a really nice asset this season if he stays healthy. Adames is going to be a monster too and ultimately this could be a deal we look at and laugh at me because I gave up the next Corey Seager.

Iā€™d be thrilled if Adames becomes the next Seager or Correa, but thatā€™s probably the absolute best case scenario. If nothing else Bour should be an Adam Lind-type platoon at 1B this year. Iā€™ll take that for $5.

1 Like

Also, this came up in the Slack community as wellā€¦

I am up to 10 Ottoneu squads (adding a couple more before this offseason is over too) and I was going through some old messages in a team that I took over around the trade deadline last year and found thisā€¦

In 14 days in 2014, the guy who owned the team previously, managed to acquire Kris Bryant ($9), Mookie Betts ($1!!!) and Nolan Arenado ($12) for pieces like a $31 Jason Heyward a $16 Martin Prado and a $25 Matt Cain. He then turned around and just gave Mookie away.

I am now planning on going through all of the teams that Iā€™ve inherited and looking at the trade history of each. I plan on putting something together to share here just because I think itā€™ll be fascinating to try and figure out the thought processes.

1 Like

This helped me win the league, so no regrets.

1 Like

Whatā€™s Turner up to after arbitration? Our owner is paying 21 now.

Turner got boosted to $17 after arbitration. Should still be well worth itā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, even if you give up great prospects that turn into great players, itā€™s hard not to like it if the move helps you win. Great trade nabbing Kluber.

1 Like

Weā€™ll have to revisit this challenge trade at the end of the season @kmcabee:

1 Like

So this trade was made almost 18 months ago and Iā€™d still say the Kluber side is still the winner here, though Taillon could be put it all together this year, if healthy.

Now one year later, I still think Iā€™d want the Chapman side here for 2018ā€¦thoughts @DSpracale?

Weā€™ll have to come back to this one about a year from now and see how it works out @TheRick. This entire trade for me will be determined by how ā€œrealā€ Chris Taylor is in 2018ā€¦but I also really like Kyle Tucker