I know there has been some confusion about the different playoff options, and as I get to work on coding the playoff scenarios I think it makes sense to write out what you should expect from each of the 3 options under all league configurations.
H2H leagues can have 2 or 3 divisions, and non-H2H leagues do not have divisions. I will write out how each of these 3 league configurations will behave under each of the 3 playoff options.
The wild-card option creates a wild-card round and a first round bye for the top 2 teams in the league. This is the only option that will put 6 teams in the playoffs.
4 will play 5 and 3 will play 6 in the first playoff week, and the winners will be re-seeded and play in the second playoff week. The championship will occur during the 3rd and 4th playoff weeks.
- For leagues without any divisions, the top 6 teams will make the playoffs based on the final standings.
- For leagues with 2 divisions, the top 3 teams in each division will make the playoffs and be seeded according to final standing.
- For leagues with 3 divisions, the top 2 teams in each division will make the playoffs and be seeded according to final standing.
No Wild-Card, Extended Semifinal
The top 4 teams make the playoffs, with the 1 playing 4 and 2 playing 3. The semi-finals will occur over the first two playoff weeks and the finals will occur over the second two playoff weeks. Both playoff games will be two weeks long.
- For leagues without any divisions, the top 4 teams will make the playoffs based on the final standings.
- For leagues with two divisions, the top 2 teams from each division will make the playoffs and play each other.
- For leagues with 3 divisions, the division winners will all make the playoffs, and the team with the best record remaining will be the 4th seed. The division winners will be seeded based on final standing, with the non-division winner always being the 4th seed.
No Wild-Card, Regular Semifinal
The only difference between this option and the previous option is that the semifinals will occur over the first playoff week and the finals will occur on the 2nd and 3rd playoff weeks. This is the only way to avoid the final week of the season. Seeding and team selection will occur as it does in the previous option.
All playoff matchups will take on a head-to-head format, regardless of what league format you have during the regular season. You can select between SABR and FG point systems depending on your preference. There will only be 1 C slot and 2 SP slots in the playoffs, as per the limitations in the H2H game modes.
Please use this thread for any questions or concerns you have! I know there are some specific choices above, but I think most of them are at best coin-flip-y against their alternatives.