2022 Innings and Games Caps

Similar to the 2020 prorated season, will 2022 Ottoneu IP and Games Played caps be adjusted in line with the number of canceled games in 2022?

Thanks!

Yeah, definitely. A lot of adjustments will be made, very similar to the adjustments made for 2020. Of course, we’ll have to see the shape of the season before any final decisions can be made, but as soon as we have an Opening Day and number of games I’ll do my best to post to the forums all the various adjustments.

As a reminder, I posted about 2020 caps in June 2020:

2 Likes

Is there any chance that position eligibility be backdated again? That is, if the 2022 season is shortened extensively, will position eligibility entering 2022 be based on games played in 2020 as well as 2021?

FWIW, I think it makes most sense to just keep position eligibility rules as normal. But I have an auction this weekend, so just curious if this is something that might be under consideration if the lockout turns out to be really long.

Position eligibility is finalized.

What you are describing isn’t exactly what happened in 2020.

We never added old eligibility, just turned off the ability to lose eligibility by not playing enough games at a position in 2020. There is definitely a chance this could happen again, depending on the length of the season. However, we never have nor will we add eligibility from a prior season after it has been lost.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

So if there is a severly abbreviated 2022 and position eligibility rules get tweaked, then it might be next year (2023) where position eligibilities entering the season would be based on 2021+2022 rather than just 2022? But 2022 entering the season is for sure just based on 2021.

I think that I got it now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, exactly!

1 Like

Please disregard, thx :slight_smile:

3 Likes