Acquisition date incorrect for traded players on Team Production page

I came across a somewhat interesting issue with traded players on the team production page.

https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/772/teamproduction?teamID=5480

Fidelio originally acquired Blake Snell on May 23, 2019 8:50 PM; Patrick Corbin was originally acquired on March 18, 2018 9:46 PM.

Fidelio traded Blake Snell and Patrick Corbin to Colonic Groupon for Gerrit Cole.

The trade was processed on August 15, 2020 6:06 PM. The acquisition date value on Fidelio’s page was then updated to reflect the trade processed date. I would have expected this date to be left alone for Snell and Corbin on Fidelio’s page.

I admit this seems trivial, but I was trying to use this date as a way of gauging each team’s ability to acquire useful players via draft/trade/mid-season auctions. In addition to fixing this date issue (so I can do the assessment mid-season), it’d be great to have the transaction type as a column on this page as well.

Side-note: I did a bit of digging and found this thread from last year: Trade Production Report “I’ve added what I believe is the acquisition date for all players to the team production page. I can add this date in more places if it seems to be correct.” … seems you were right to be skeptical!

1 Like

Great find.

This should be fixed. Bug catcher badge for @valis2374

1 Like