Adam Duvall on my bench 5/5/2021

It appears that the auto bench feature malfunctioned on my lineup as it benched Adam Duvall at game time. I had Duvall inserted in my lineup to play but about 20 minutes into the game I noticed that he was now on my bench. He was always scheduled to start with the 4 icon noting he was #4 in the lineup.

The weird thing about the benching was that he wasn’t simply placed on the bench but was replaced by Joc Pederson who had no game to play today. I had Pederson on the bench the whole time.

League 168, Team name: Framber Comes Alive

Auto-bench doesn’t put anyone into your lineup, so this does not sound like an issue with auto-bench.

1 Like

Hmm, then its weird that this happened then. I set my lineups on a pc where clicking a mouse is accurate. I monitor the results using a pad or phone where using a touch screen is less accurate. I suppose I might have inadvertently clicked on some lineup buttons when switching to a pad this evening before the Miami game start but I don’t recall doing that.

Lineup mistakes happen. I accidentally left Ohtani on the bench yesterday, really thought he was in my UTIL spot and realized after the Angels game locked that he was on my bench and I had James McCann(??) at UTIL.

Auto-bench issues for a specific player affect every team who roster that player and are directly tied to incorrect lineup slot information (incorrect red X). Given that no one else has reported issues about Duvall yesterday, I’m pretty confident this wasn’t auto-bench and was more similar to my Ohtani mistake.

The most painful for me so far this year was thinking I had moved JD Martinez from the IL to my lineup when in fact I had just moved him from IL to my bench. He hit 3 HR that first game back. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, thankfully I got JDM into my lineup for that game. From reports in Slack, I don’t think you were alone. Thx for the explanation Niv, and what you’re saying about all teams affected by a single player auto bench error was why I posted this to see if others had the same issue with Duvall. I’m convinced when I picked up my tablet I must have pressed on the lineup buttons. Not a big deal.

I don’t know if threads get closed but I’m fine with this thread being closed/locked if that’s a thing.

2 Likes