Add "Games Back" to Fantasy Basketball Standings

I am currently in a league that has experienced what feels like an extraordinary amount of ties. The team in front of me is 4-3-4 and we are 5-5-1.

I have found it difficult to calculate how these ties stack up against each other as far as standings are concerned. It usually looks something like this in my notes app:

7-3-1
5-5-1 = 2 GB

6-3-2
5-5-1 =1.5 GB

5-3-3
5-5-1 = 1 GB

4-3-4
5-5-1 = .5 GB

And to be completely honest, I’m not even sure this is how Ottoneu calculates the standings!

A great way to be able to more quickly understand my playoff positioning would be a GB column in the standings along with “Record” and “Cats Won”. In a perfect world, this would work for divisions as well as wild card, but I’m most interested in this for divisions.

This page is the best way to understand your playoff positioning, if that’s what you’re trying to get at.

Just for your back of the napkin math, Ottoneu considers wins worth a point and ties worth half a point. Standings are sorted by ‘points’.

Four ties is absolutely nuts, by the way.

I was unable to articulate that back of the napkin math but man that’s a much easier way of calculating, thanks niv.

1 Like