Allow the option to change a veto vote

It’s very easy to misclick and it would nice to have the option to change vote

6 Likes

I want to second this. It seems like we could leave the choice open until the end of the review window. If an owner’s thinking changes about the veto during the review, it seems like they should be able to change their vote.

1 Like

Wanted to check in to see if this is possible. Have definitely reconsidered myself a few times. Only have a football team so not sure if it’s possible in other formats. Appreciate it, thank you.

I would be against it.

This is not a helpful comment without more explanation.

To provide further context, I’m generally a “no veto” guy barring clear and obvious shenanigans. People value players/salaries differently. Members involved in the trade can provide further clarity in the 24 hour window that may sway someone into a veto/approval. With the current iteration, if someone reacts immediately to a trade and approves/veto it there is no way to to evolve your opinion with further justification/clarification from the involved parties. Our league specifically has an active GroupMe where most trades get discussed.

I realize it’s not a gamechanger either way (current system just requires conviction) but it would be a nice QoL change IMO. Appreciate the consideration.

I’m not sure I see the value in creating an option to change your vote. There’s a 24 or 48 hour window to review trades so teams can use that time to form an opinion whether to veto. Not voting won’t impact a trade from being processed. I feel if someone thinks there’s shenanigans then they should engage the league for discussion rather than instantly passing the veto button which remove the need to change a vote.

1 Like

There were a few cases my first year where my initial reaction was to veto, which I did, but then later regreted it. In both cases, the trade was processed as getting a supermajority of non-involved owners to veto is extremely difficult. Nowadays I just sit with it for a bit if I’m thinking of vetoing.

All of which is to say, I don’t think I’d personally utilize it. But I can see the argument for having it if you’re sometimes impulsive.

1 Like

Agreed that self restraint is the ideal solution but we all know that isn’t everyone’s strong suit haha.