Allowing users to pay for more than one team in $20-tier leagues

In the past, we have actively blocked users from paying for more than one team in a single Ottoneu Fantasy Sports league. This allowed us to catch an occasional cheater, but was burdensome to players who wanted to play with family members or friends who did not have PayPal accounts. It turns out there are significantly more people that want to play with their kids than there are cheaters who want to control 2 teams in the same league.

We are now allowing PayPal users to pay for more than one team in $20, non-prize leagues. If multiple teams are paid for by the same PayPal user in a league, their team page will show a message similar to this one:

This is meant to give transparency to the league while still allowing friends and family to play together without everyone needing a PayPal account.

Our policy of not allowing the same PayPal user to pay for more than one team in a league remains in place for all prize leagues.

We will continue to use this and other methods at our disposal to ensure all Ottoneu Fantasy Sports contests remain fair for everyone.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks as always for supporting Ottoneu Fantasy Sports.

10 Likes

So, uh…any advice for a situation where this new change revealed that two teams in our league are paid for by the same person? And these teams had been suspicious in past seasons, ie, a disproportionate number of trades with one another, often of dubious balance; updated trade blocks at identical times; start auctions on each others’ players – stuff that was odd, and other managers complained, but hardly actionable. On top of all that, one of these teams won the league last year for the first time, by less than 20 points over second place. On top of that, he was co-commissioner last year (we’ve been rotating it thru the league). Now we’re all waiting for the manager(s) to respond…

If it comes to it and they admit it, or if the league comes to some consensus on stripping and booting the manager(s), is it possible in commissioner tools to change who won the league?

1 Like

Once you sort everything out, please email help@ottoneu.com and I’ll do what I can to help out.

1 Like

He is telling us the other manager is a friend and he has been paying for the other guy’s fee going back for years because he didn’t have a Paypal, which seems reasonable, but wouldn’t that be impossible with what you said in the original post? Can you confirm if it would have been possible or not to pay for 2 managers in the same league previously using the same Paypal account? Seems pretty clearly no, but that’s where we are at right now.

I am confirming it would have been possible up until the middle of the 2022 season. If you need any further details about specific users, please email help@ottoneu.com.