Automatically remove departing players from Trade Block

Continuing the discussion from Opt-out of Trade Block updated emails:

Can you please add functionality to automatically remove players from the Trade Block’s Haves list when they are cut or traded away?

4 Likes

Right now the trade block functionality is such that you can add anyone in the Ottoneu universe.

Would be possible to make it so you can only add the players currently on your team to the Trade Block? Then the player would (theoretically) automatically disappear once he is removed from your roster…

2 Likes

This is a good packaged suggestion to only allow Haves to include players on the team. I’ll wrap that into this overall upgrade.

This means managers will no longer be able to list other teams players they are interested in on their trade blocks. Which means this suggestion actually constricts available strategic avenues, right?

I’ve seen 2/12 managers do this in our league. Its actually a very pro-active strategy to utilize in the offseason when rosters become locked.

In “Needs” you can put any player you want. In “Haves” only players that are on your team (once this is implemented).

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Keep in mind that sometimes in leagues that have the MiLB feature (using the Restricted List) we often list those players as “Haves” too (eve though they technically aren’t rostered)

1 Like

Good reminder. I’ll consider this in my current attempt to rework the trade block

Adding a +1 to the original request to automatically remove players from a teams trading block once they are traded. I have several teams in my league with very outdated trade blocks, including a few where a player has changed teams twice.

4 Likes

Thought I would bump this request. I am having the same issues as I posted about in January, and maybe with the same teams and players too.

1 Like

I’ll take some time to address this today or tomorrow.

1 Like

This should now be live. When a player is cut or traded, they are removed from their previous team’s Trade Block Haves section.

3 Likes

Not sure why but this is not working for me in league 1022, it won’t even let me remove the players I traded away. Team Cosby Sweaters

And now it is. Maybe was my browser.

Thanks as always!

1 Like

The removal from the trade block happens when the trade is processed, not when it is agreed to. If you have a trade processed and players aren’t removed from your trade block, let me know.

Can you check team lumber jacks in league 1022? Traded me ozuna and trade has already processed. Not really a big deal just figured you may want to know if it’s not working

1 Like

Ah I think the trade block remains cached despite the player being removed from it. I’ll fix that, thanks for mentioning.

1 Like

This should be fixed.