Baseball player names updated

We’ve updated all players in the Ottoneu player universe to have identical names with FanGraphs. Please let us know if you run into any issues with any player names.

4 Likes

Who is this Scooter and what have you done with Ryan?

3 Likes

Noticing an issue with roster exports, created a new topic but happy to outline it more here

Minor item, but could Jasrado Chisholm have his name changed to Jazz, which would match his FG profile (and is just more fun to say)?

https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/837/playercard?id=23762
https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jasrado-chisholm/20454/stats?position=2B/SS

2 Likes

I’ll run the name update this week.

1 Like

Help me because i also facing this type of issue

Yeah I missed my self-imposed deadline. Let me get to that today.

Player names are again aligned with FanGraphs

The following players were changed:

Player ID 12258 has the name A.J. Pollock but should have the name AJ Pollock
Player ID 14796 has the name Wynston Sawyer but should have the name Wynston Selwyn Sawyer
Player ID 17855 has the name Dee Gordon but should have the name Dee Strange-Gordon
Player ID 18210 has the name Hyun-Jin Ryu but should have the name Hyun Jin Ryu
Player ID 18361 has the name Nick Gordon but should have the name Nick Chad Gordon
Player ID 18543 has the name Anderson Espinoza but should have the name Anderson Jose Espinoza
Player ID 18943 has the name Jose Siri but should have the name Jose Alexander Siri
Player ID 19406 has the name Jimmie Sherfy but should have the name James Sherfy
Player ID 20178 has the name Chad Tromp but should have the name Chadwick Tromp
Player ID 20435 has the name Peter Fairbanks but should have the name Pete Fairbanks
Player ID 20938 has the name Marcus Wilson but should have the name Brad Wilson
Player ID 21013 has the name Troy Stokes but should have the name Troy Stokes Jr.
Player ID 21040 has the name Kevin Padlo but should have the name Kevin Michael Padlo
Player ID 21235 has the name Cameron Hill but should have the name Cam Hill
Player ID 22617 has the name Travis Lakins but should have the name Travis Lakins Sr.
Player ID 22678 has the name Tom Eshelman but should have the name Thomas Eshelman
Player ID 22712 has the name Dakota Chalmers but should have the name Dakota Reid Chalmers
Player ID 22753 has the name Jonathan Brubaker but should have the name JT Brubaker
Player ID 23762 has the name Jasrado Chisholm but should have the name Jazz Chisholm
Player ID 27771 has the name Kent Emanuel but should have the name Kent Jeffrey Emanuel
Player ID 28717 has the name Dwight Smith Jr but should have the name Dwight Smith
Player ID 31046 has the name Donnie Walton but should have the name Donovan Walton
Player ID 31727 has the name Bernardo Flores but should have the name Bernardo Flores Jr.
Player ID 33156 has the name Michael Brosseau but should have the name Mike Brosseau
Player ID 38107 has the name Yoshitomo Tsutsugo but should have the name Yoshi Tsutsugo
Player ID 38109 has the name Kwang-Hyun Kim but should have the name Kwang Hyun Kim

Thanks!

New name for Clint.

This name has been updated.

I guess at one point names were being updated to match FanGraphs and elsewhere, but there seem to be a lot of these now that are out of sync. Since you have the Otto and FG IDs of these players, could there be an automated process that just updates the Otto names?

Nate Lowe has been going by Nathaniel for a while now…

I only update when there is a request or I remember to on my own, because I like having a log of any name changes shared here publicly and I don’t really want to automate the reporting.

That being said, here are some name updates:

Player ID 751 has the name Andr?s Blanco but should have the name Andrés Blanco
Player ID 1672 has the name Jim Adduci but should have the name James Adduci
Player ID 3399 has the name Gr?gor Blanco but should have the name Grégor Blanco
Player ID 12025 has the name Manuel Barreda but should have the name Manny Barreda
Player ID 14342 has the name Ji-Man Choi but should have the name Ji Man Choi
Player ID 14878 has the name Andrew Maggi but should have the name Drew Maggi
Player ID 15407 has the name Eric Young but should have the name Eric Young Sr.
Player ID 15454 has the name AJ Hinch but should have the name A.J. Hinch
Player ID 16959 has the name Josh Rodriguez but should have the name Joshua Rodriguez
Player ID 16968 has the name Henry Rodriguez but should have the name Henry Alberto Rodriguez
Player ID 17029 has the name Jose Cruz but should have the name José Cruz Jr.
Player ID 17096 has the name Ramon A. Ramirez but should have the name Ramon Ramirez
Player ID 18284 has the name José Ramírez but should have the name José Ramírez
Player ID 18317 has the name Mike Wright but should have the name Mike Wright Jr.
Player ID 18361 has the name Nick Chad Gordon but should have the name Nick Gordon
Player ID 18375 has the name Grant Holmes but should have the name Grant Grant Holmes
Player ID 18543 has the name Anderson Jose Espinoza but should have the name Anderson Espinoza
Player ID 18561 has the name Brent Lee Honeywell Jr but should have the name Brent Honeywell
Player ID 18943 has the name Jose Alexander Siri but should have the name Jose Siri
Player ID 19172 has the name Julian Antonio Fernandez but should have the name Julian Fernández
Player ID 19347 has the name Connor Greene but should have the name Conner Greene
Player ID 19406 has the name James Sherfy but should have the name Jimmie Sherfy
Player ID 19433 has the name Jacob Brentz but should have the name Jake Brentz
Player ID 20032 has the name Domingo Antonio Acevedo but should have the name Domingo Acevedo
Player ID 20414 has the name Matthew Gage but should have the name Matt Gage
Player ID 20918 has the name Luis Ortiz but should have the name Luis F. Ortiz
Player ID 21040 has the name Kevin Michael Padlo but should have the name Kevin Padlo
Player ID 21337 has the name Michael Vincent Nittoli but should have the name Vinny Nittoli
Player ID 21646 has the name Josh Fuentes but should have the name Joshua Fuentes
Player ID 21665 has the name Jean Carlos Mejia but should have the name J.C. Mejía
Player ID 21964 has the name LaMonte Wade Jr but should have the name LaMonte Wade Jr.
Player ID 22668 has the name Mike Soroka but should have the name Michael Soroka
Player ID 22702 has the name Lucas Williams but should have the name Luke Williams
Player ID 22771 has the name Daniel Young but should have the name Danny Young
Player ID 23062 has the name Ralph Garza but should have the name Ralph Garza Jr.
Player ID 23359 has the name Hoy Jun Park but should have the name Hoy Park
Player ID 23762 has the name Jazz Chisholm but should have the name Jazz Chisholm Jr.
Player ID 23780 has the name Luis Robert but should have the name Luis Robert Jr.
Player ID 23788 has the name T.J. Friedl but should have the name TJ Friedl
Player ID 23848 has the name Wander Samuel Franco but should have the name Wander Franco
Player ID 26564 has the name Calvin Mitchell but should have the name Cal Mitchell
Player ID 26578 has the name Canaan Smith but should have the name Canaan Smith-Njigba
Player ID 26707 has the name Joshua Walker but should have the name Josh Walker
Player ID 26783 has the name Jacob Meyers but should have the name Jake Meyers
Player ID 27222 has the name Raymond Kerr but should have the name Ray Kerr
Player ID 27771 has the name Kent Jeffrey Emanuel but should have the name Kent Emanuel
Player ID 28717 has the name Dwight Smith but should have the name Dwight Smith Jr.
Player ID 30920 has the name Jake Robson but should have the name Jacob Robson
Player ID 31553 has the name Michael Baumann but should have the name Mike Baumann
Player ID 31936 has the name Thomas Cosgrove but should have the name Tom Cosgrove
Player ID 31983 has the name Elijah Morgan but should have the name Eli Morgan
Player ID 32118 has the name Sebastian Rivero but should have the name Sebastián Rivero
Player ID 32230 has the name Maximo Castillo but should have the name Max Castillo
Player ID 32765 has the name Nate Lowe but should have the name Nathaniel Lowe
Player ID 33188 has the name Andy Young but should have the name Andrew Young
Player ID 33603 has the name Julio Pablo Martinez but should have the name J.P. Martínez
Player ID 33635 has the name Richard Palacios but should have the name Richie Palacios
Player ID 33669 has the name Daniel Lynch but should have the name Daniel Lynch IV
Player ID 34803 has the name Ji-Hwan Bae but should have the name Ji Hwan Bae
Player ID 34973 has the name Nathan Eaton but should have the name Nate Eaton
Player ID 35005 has the name Jon Heasley but should have the name Jonathan Heasley
Player ID 35549 has the name Thad Ward but should have the name Thaddeus Ward
Player ID 36737 has the name Cameron Eden but should have the name Cam Eden
Player ID 36743 has the name Joseph Ortiz but should have the name Joey Ortiz
Player ID 36907 has the name Joe LaSorsa but should have the name Joe La Sorsa
Player ID 37166 has the name Luis Ortiz but should have the name Luis L. Ortiz
Player ID 37295 has the name Michael Harris but should have the name Michael Harris II
Player ID 37797 has the name J.J. Bleday but should have the name JJ Bleday
Player ID 37837 has the name Sawyer Gipson but should have the name Sawyer Gipson-Long
Player ID 37960 has the name Josh Smith but should have the name Josh H. Smith
Player ID 38250 has the name Hyun-jong Yang but should have the name Hyeon-Jong Yang

1 Like