Can we open trading during Arbitration?

Hey Niv - 45 days for the arbitration period seems a bit lengthy considering most of meat and potatoes of actual NFL Free agency will be completed by the time April comes around.

Is there a way that we can open trading during the allotted time for arbitration? Our members are trying to conduct business and transact with eachother to keep the league fluid. Is there something our commisioner can do in manually switching that option? or starting that process earlier? I understand the period itself, but 45 days seems a bit lengthy, thats close to 6 weeks of football time. Most our league has completed and its been less than 10 days. We are excited to start the new league year

• OttoDada (LOTO)

The majority of Ottoneu Football players also play Ottoneu Baseball, which is why the arb window is a little longer.

You also kind of want free agency to be completed within the arbitration window, as it has the largest impact on player valuation.

I’ll consider changing the arbitration window around next year, but trading during arbitration or ending arbitration early are both off the table due to the mechanics of arbitration and the goals of community building that were already mentioned here:

1 Like

I’ll add on top of this: I’m really glad you guys are rearin’ to get going for the football season already, that is freaking awesome to hear. Thanks for playing Ottoneu and for being so passionate about fantasy football. It’s good having people like that playing this game.

3 Likes