Changes to which designations bestow an extra roster spot

Hi everyone,

Going forward, the following injury designations will result in an extra roster spot for any team rostering a player with said designation:

• IR
  • NFI
  • COVID-19
  • PUP

NFI was not considered previously and PUP did not give a roster spot previously. Given the IR changes the NFL made in 2020 due to COVID-19, PUP and NFI both became on par with the IR designation in terms of the weight of the team’s decision to place a player on those lists. We are trying to reflect that in Ottoneu Fantasy Football.

This change is live now.

These designations are confirmed to not grant extra roster spots during the auction draft - every team will be limited to 20 players during the auction draft and will get the benefit of extra roster spots immediately after the draft.

3 Likes

Does a suspended Calvin Ridley bestow an extra roster spot?

I think he should. He is on the reserved list for the Falcons and doesn’t count against their active roster.

I’ve added a SUSP designation for suspended players and they will add an extra roster spot to any team rostering them.

2 Likes

Why is Dak Prescott allowed to be placed in the IR space but still takes up a roster spot? If a guy is OUT, he’s not active. I just got screwed because I figured I had an extra space but now I have to cut someone and lose cap space because it let me put Dak in IR but in reality he’s not eligible.

You can always put anyone on the IR. There are only certain desginations that bestow an extra roster spot. You can put someone not injured on the IR just to get them out of the way on your roster if you want.

Someone being OUT does not give the NFL team an extra roster spot so it does not give an Ottoneu Fantasy Football team an extra roster spot.