Thought it might be fun to create a space here for daily recommendations for Six Picks. I’ll try to remember to post guys that I hope will be contributors on that day. I hope it might also prompt a discussion on Six Picks strategy.
Here are two guys that I’ll be playing today (coincidence that they both happen to be Twins):
- C: Ryan Jeffers ($0.50): batting 5th and going against Patrick Corbin
- RP: Jhoan Duran ($7.75): hasn’t pitched since Tuesday, so seems likely to get into the game even if it’s not a save situation
Note: I usually set my lineups the night before, so prices might be slightly different now than they were last night
Well for those keeping score at home, Jeffers scored 7.2 points today while Duran scored 14.4 points all for $8.25 total. Getting those two real cheap allowed me to afford Trout, who contributed 28 points, which proppelled me to 73.5 points for the day.
Here are some guys that I’ll be playing tomorrow:
- C: William Contreras ($7.75): Didn’t play Sunday so should be in the lineup on Monday and Boyd has simply not been effective this year (17.5% K%, 14.3% BB%) and Contreras hits LHP hard (.400 career wOBA against LHP)
- CI: Justin Turner ($3.75): Dean Kremer is giving up a lot of hard contact so far this year (11.5% Barrel%, leading to a 6.86 xERA to substantiate his 6.16 actual ERA)
I haven’t had a chance to do one of these in several days, but here are some suggestions for Sunday, 04/30/23:
- C: William Contreras ($8.00): Batting 3rd against a mediocre LHP (7.25 xERA so far this year)
- 1B: Christian Walker ($1.50): Also against a mediocre LHP (7.96 xERA) and at Coors Field
No joy with either of my picks for today as both put up goose eggs. Oh well.
For Monday, 05/01/23, my under $10s are:
- OF: Michael Harris ($7.25): Facing a mediocre RHP (6.48 xERA)
- SP: Tony Gonsolin ($4.25): Phillies are only averaging 4.39 R/G and Harper doesn’t return until Tuesday