Development through November 2018

Related to the price change and some promises I’ve made in the past, I’m going to try to use this space to be clear about what concrete improvements I’m working on to the site and the games. So here are my goals through the end of November 2018:

1. Ottoneu Fantasy Football will now have NFL scores and light game information on the site. This will be rolling out this weekend.

2. Renewals with the baseball price change will be rolling out this week or next week.

3. H2H options to reduce the game format’s dependency on SPs (hard GS cap) is the next priority.

4. At this point I have a few wishlist items I’d like to acknowledge and explore:

These are the projects I’m planning on poking at through the end of November. If you have a pressing request or think something is missing, please let me know! If there’s anything in this list that you are dying to see, let me know that as well.

Thanks for all your support!

11 Likes

I love the idea of a GS cap for SPs! Streaming pitchers can really put a damper on H2H.

3 Likes

I’ve pushed out some updates to the off-season standings that will affect all leagues:

1. The home page now shows first-, second- and third-place trophies for how teams finished in the previous season.

2. The final week of playoff games are now displayed in the off-season below the standings on the home page.

3. The Standings page now works as expected in the off-season for playoff leagues.

I hope you enjoy these improvements. I am now working on the price change updates and the hard GS cap for H2H leagues.

5 Likes

For those of you in H2H leagues, you can now set your Per Matchup GS Cap under Commish Tools → League Settings. The current options are 0, 7, 8, 9 or 10. I’ve added this text to the League Settings page to explain how the Matchup GS Cap will work:

This sets a hard cap on the number of pitcher starts a team can have in a H2H matchup
With a cap, there are up to 5 SP slots available on the lineup page each day, less if a team has fewer than 5 starts left for the matchup
Without a cap, there are 2 SP slots available on the lineup page each day
This setting will affect any playoffs for this league in addition to the regular season.

I’ve also added these lines to the rules, under Section I rule e.

ii. In head-to-head leagues, a starting lineup consists of one slot at each infield position (catcher, first base, second base, third base, and shortstop), five outfielder slot, one additional middle infielder (second base or shortstop) slot, one additional hitter from any position (utility slot) and five relief pitcher slots. The number of starting pitcher slots depends on the league’s Per Matchup GS Cap setting
A. If the Per Matchup GS Cap is set to 0, there are two SP slots
B. If enabled, there are a maximum 5 SP slots on a given day. The number of slots will decrease as the team gets closer to the GS cap, down to 0 if a team has no more starts available in a matchup
C. In regular season H2H games longer than one week (for example, the first matchup of the season and around the All-Star Break), the GS cap will be the same as it is for regular one week matchups
D. In two-week playoff games, the GS cap will reset at the end of the first week and before the second week begins on the second Monday in the matchup

All H2H leagues will default to a 0 Cap, 2 SP Slot setup, and changes can be made to that setting starting now.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for the updates, Niv - what are the implications here for leagues that have H2H for the playoffs only (my FGPts league is exploring moving to that this year)? Will there be the ability to use SP caps in the H2H playoffs, or will all H2H playoffs use the 2 SP slot system?

Ah right, this is a good point. I’ll add this as a playoff option and update the rules accordingly.

Tomorrow, payments will be re-enabled for Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball. For those of you interested in renewing your teams, this is what you should expect to see:

1. There will not be any changes to your existing expiration date.
  2. Once you do extend your team, you will see a new “renew by” date that should be the 2020 season’s keeper deadline (1/31/2020).
  3. Going forward, your renewal dates will be on January 31 of the season after the current one.
  4. If you have a renewal date on or after July 1 of a given year, when you extend your team you will be pushed ahead 1.5 years to January 31. For example, if your team is set to expire on July 1, 2019 and you renew your team, you should have a new renew by date of January 31, 2021.

I know this may be a little confusing, but it will be easy enough to understand once the renewal links are active again. I also know this is slightly different than what I wrote in response to @Artman44 here, but I didn’t want to manually change renew by dates and add more risk/complexity to this change.

Thanks again for your patience while I sorted this stuff out, and thanks to all of you who continue to support Ottoneu Fantasy Sports!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Filters for the Transactions List

I’ve just released a change that allows new leagues to be created with 10, 12, 14, or 16 teams in them. All Ottoneu games have officially only supported 12 team leagues until today, so this is a big change that should add some diversity to gameplay.

I want to thank those of you who unofficially asked me to set their leagues up to 10, 14, or 16 teams, as you all proved that the game’s economic model can work in these leagues.

For those of you in existing leagues that would like to expand or contract, the simplest way to do this is to just send me a DM or email at help@ottoneu.com.

This wishlist item from @Paulo is officially resolved! Let me know if you run into any issues.

UPDATE: I forgot to explicitly say this, but 10, 14 and 16 team leagues cannot be formed as prize leagues yet. The existing prizes and tiers are built for 12 team leagues. This will be updated again in the future depending on demand.

2 Likes

Today I’ve added a Team Production page. This is an attempt to address this wishlist item as well as parts of this wishlist item.

This page will show your team’s production by position and by individual player for the most recent completed season. For the individual player production, these are the stats they produced while in your lineup.

You can visit this page by clicking on your team name and then clicking on “Team Production”. I could see this page expanding in the future in a number of ways, so please let me know what you think.

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 Likes

Love the production by player information!

Very nice, Niv. One thought for future expansion of it would be to show the production rank relative to the rest of the league for each position. I.E. My OFers were the Xth most productive in the league. This would help at a glance show where one is strongest / weakest.

1 Like

One of the best additions in a long time. Thank you!

1 Like

To address the rest of this wishlist item, rate stats in Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball will now be rounded out to 5 decimal points. This should reduce the number of ties in roto leagues at the following rate stats: AVG, OBP, SLG, HR9, WHIP, ERA.

I’m willing to make the argument that if two teams have the same ERA or OBP out to 5 decimal points, they are for all intents and purposes equal.

@deejay, @Paulo and @blakestreetbombers have now all earned the Genie badge.

2 Likes

Is it possible to institute matchup stats for that day’s hitter vs starter and starter vs team?

I don’t know how intricate of a process that may be, but thought I’d ask.

I really love ottoneu since I joined 2 years ago.

Oh, and MLB tiebreaker games should absolutely not count in fantasy baseball!

Signed,
Jolted Team Owner Who Thought He Had Won, But In Fact, Lost Because Of Game 163

3 Likes

@nivshah is team production available in all league formats? I am getting an error message in my 5x5 league #745.

Thanks for the head’s up. I introduced a bug when adding extra precision to rate stats, and that bug has been fixed. I believe the team production page should be working for 5x5 leagues again.

1 Like

This continues to be a great new feature. Do we have the ability to go back in time (previous seasons) to see this production by team (similar to back-dating the lineup or standings pages)?

I did not build in an undocumented date picker feature, the way I did with other pages. I think there were some issues with handling league setting changes season to season. This is definitely on my radar.

2 Likes