Does the GS Cap for a longer 'week' reset on Monday?

Week 1 obviously runs from 7/23 - 8/3 making it a longer week. Can you confirm that the SP Starts Remaing # that appears on the Lineup page is for 7/23 - 7/26 and that it will reset again Monday, 7/27 as it is a new week. Thank you in advance, just wanted some clarification to let the other owners in my league know.

It won’t reset on Monday - it’s for the whole ‘week’

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

You mean the whole match-up, not the first week correct?

Right, sure, language on this is hard :slight_smile:

The first Ottoneu ‘week’ of the season for purposes of H2H is more than 7 days.

Either way, there is only a reset on the GS Cap if a game explicitly is set to be a 2-week matchup, i.e. in the playoffs.

With the extended week, just curious if we get extra starts? I tried researching, didn’t have much luck. A few owners keep asking in our message board, so I figured I’d ask here. We are set at 9 right now…Thanks.

Bumped for 2021. H2H leagues will have their GS cap for the first full Ottoneu week and it will not reset on this upcoming Monday.

Thanks for quick reply!!!

1 Like

Just wanting to confirm, in a 2 week playoff does the Games Start reset the following Monday in a H2H League? For example if the cap for GS for 1 week is 9, in a 2 week playoff are we allowed 9 or 18 starts total?

This is my annual confusion about the number of starters eligible in the plus-sized weeks like week 1. I know in 1 week matchups, we have 7 SP to allocate and in 2 week matchups we have 7 SP PER WEEK to allocate. What’s the story in week 1 with a few extra days? Do we have 7 SP from Thursday to Sunday and then 7 SP the following week? Or is it 7 SP total for the entire matchup?

I suggest an annual reminder to read the rules page:

I. e. iii. + iv.

In regular season H2H games longer than one week (for example, the first matchup of the season and around the All-Star Break), the GS cap will be the same as it is for regular one week matchups
In two-week playoff games, the GS cap will reset at the end of the first week and before the second week begins on the second Monday in the matchup

1 Like

Number of starts for the first week H2H, is it 9 as we set or does it reset for the second week?

It is 9 (since that is what your league picked). It does not reset.

From the rules:

In regular season H2H games longer than one week (for example, the first matchup of the season and around the All-Star Break), the GS cap will be the same as it is for regular one week matchups

1 Like

For H2H leagues that have set a weekly SP start limit (10 in our case), can anyone confirm whether this weekly limit is still the limit for the first matchup even though it runs a little longer than a week (March 30 - April 9)? I’m pretty sure the weekly limit applies and this isn’t a situation like the playoffs where the count resets mid-matchup, but want to be 100% sure before communicating that to my first-year league. Thanks!

Here’s a thread about this question.

1 Like

If the games started cap is set to 8, is it 8 starts for the entire 2 week championship period? Or 8 starts each week?

Here’s a thread about this. Also covered in the rules.