Dropping /Trading Question re: Corey Seager on Deadline Day

I have a question…I am in a predicament with Corey Seager $44 on my roster…I heard very strong possibility that Seager will be out some time in 2024 due to his sports hernia surgery…He already missed a good amount this past season and this recovery can be unpredictable they said today…I don’t want to pay him this high salary if he’s gonna be sitting for whatever time…Should I drop him tomorrow and then if everything seems fine by late March, re-bid for him probably for a lower price or deal him to another team for a couple very low salaried players now, giving me all that extra money to auction with? Thanks

I think it depends on your league. Some leagues, he will go for more than $44 in the auction. If you can get a couple good keepers for him then that may be the right choice. Just depends on what you can get back

1 Like

What league # are you in?

FWIW I have been shopping my two $47 Seagers since the injury news came out and am getting nothing worthwhile offered in return so I am likely holding and hoping he recovers quickly. YMMV.

You mean 1242?

If that’s the right league it looks like you have Gunnar and McLain on good deals, I’d strongly consider dropping him to use that money to find more guys at value buys. He’s already not a great value at $44 if fully healthy - health has never been Seager’s strong suit - and now he has a surgery to recover from?

It’s League ID 1231