Duplicate Players in Ottoneu Football Universe

There appears to be two D’Vonte Prices in Ottoneu Football: one who is still at FIU and the other who is on the Colts. The Colts signed Price out of FIU as a UDFA on April 30, 2022. I’m thinking his UDFA status is why the system didn’t automatically merge/promote him?

NCAA Price: Ottoneu Fantasy Football - Two Hand Touch - Player Card
NFL Price: Ottoneu Fantasy Football - Two Hand Touch - Player Card

The NCAA Price is 9.1% rostered in Ottoneu.

EDIT: Same also appears to be the case with CJ Verdell (also who happens to be a UDFA with the Colts). The NCAA version is 15.9% rostered.

NCAA Verdell: Ottoneu Fantasy Football - Two Hand Touch - Player Card
NFL Verdell: Ottoneu Fantasy Football - Two Hand Touch - Player Card

I realize these guys are both at the bottom of the depth chart for IND (per Rotowire), but it could cause confusion at upcoming drafts. Could be true of other UDFA perhaps, too? Quick and dirty look at the Football Player Universe shows that there are 428 players in the Ottoneu player universe with the same names. Most of these are not duplicates, but at least two appear to be with the common factor being that they were UDFA (and Colts, but that’s probably not the reason).

2 Likes

UDFAs probably are not linked properly, I’ll check that out tonight

2 Likes

Trying to be a little bit more careful about this so doing some testing, but should get this sorted out today.

If you run a player universe export that includes birthdate as a field, I could run a real quick check for duplicates if that would be helpful. The names appear to be the same, so its just a search for records with duplicate names and birthdates. Just an idea.

1 Like

No need. 73 new players have been linked.

2 Likes

There are still some duplicate players because my linking system only looks at players actively rostered for now. I’ll fix that before marking this as totally fixed.

Niv

When you get time…

There seem to be two Sean Tucker player records in the football roster pool still. I see Tucker with the SYR team that is on rosters from last season as well as a new Sean Tucker for TB. These should be merged I think or delete one. Whatever magic you do behind the scenes :grin:

Many thanks.

Steve

Sean Tucker has been linked up!