End of the 2026 Baseball Season megathread

Hi everyone,

Thanks for another great season of Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball. Congratulations to everyone who won their leagues and congrats again to Slam Diego for winning the 2026 OPL. This thread is your source of information for how the end of this season will go up until arbitration starts on October 15.

Today, September 27, 2026: Today is the end of the 2026 season. I’ll run the script that removes pitching points for teams that did not hit IP minimums. I will also fire up Playoff Six Picks. After midnight ET, Ottoneu will roll over to the 2027 season. This will result in positions being updated, trophies appearing in the trophy case, You can make settings changes to your league, including changing the scoring system or doing any division realignment.

Tomorrow, September 28, 2026: We will do our final stat correction run for 2026. This will give us final standings for the 2026 season - please review and email help@ottoneu.com if you have any questions or concerns!

Friday, October 2, 2026: Prizes will be distributed for OPL and Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball. You can renew your team in any sport out of your prize balance, or withdraw via check or secure bank transfer. OPL t-shirts and the bat will be in the store. The design for the t-shirt is still being finalized, so stay tuned for those details.

Monday, October 5, 2026: Year end stuff! Cap penalties and loans will be removed, and salary increases will be applied.

October 15: Arbitration opens until 11:59pm ET on November 14

Please post to the relevant Badge thread if you believe you’ve earned a badge over the past season. There is no real statute of limitations, so feel free to post about any of them. Applying badges is manual and I’m way behind, so please make it as easy as possible on me - if any badge requests are for multiple users, please include the relevant user names, and please link to the relevant Standings or Daily Stats page with as much detail as possible.

This marks the end of the 15th year of Ottoneu, and I am appreciative of the best fantasy sports community anywhere. Thank you all for your support through the whole year and thanks so much for playing Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball!

26 Likes

I’m actually going to wait for the final official data load of the season, which will complete tomorrow morning around 8am ET, to kick off the stuff I mentioned for today. So tomorrow morning I’ll remove points for teams that didn’t hit IP minimums in 4x4 and 5x5, I’ll flip the Ottoneu Baseball calendar to 2027, and then I’ll do the other stuff I mentioned for September 28.

Part of the final data load will be the playoff schedule, which means Playoff Six Picks!

1 Like

Done

Also done!

Six Picks is free to play for everyone and a great introduction to the market dynamics of Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball - check it out if you have not.

This is done as well - new position eligibilities, etc tomorrow morning.

We’ve run our final stat corrections. I’m going to give it a day or two for people to look it over and make sure we’re in good shape.