Exporting Active Lineups

I would really like to see an option to export active lineups on any selected date. The ability to export active rosters already exists by league, but I’d argue that the ability to export the actual lineups page is more relevant, for two primary reasons:

• Pre-season it would help owners who do a lot of league analysis to export and then project players as owners intend to play them (best player per position), which saves a tremendous amount of prep time
  • It would also allow owners to go back in time to analyze the impact of big trades, which may be really helpful to all owners. If I trade for Bryce Harper in mid-May, I could compare what actually happened to the benefit I thought or projected to receive when I acquired him.

Could be a lot of other benefits but to be able to select a date and export the active lineup of each team in the league would be a great addition.

2 Likes

Is there anything about this feature that is different than simply going to the lineups page and clicking the previous date, then changing the date in the URL and copying the resulting lineup page?

I believe this is the same/similar request as the roster snapshot wishlist item:

Does that seem right?

UPDATE I see, it is similar, but with “where is a player being played in their team’s lineup” component.

2 Likes

Resurrecting this thread as I think it is relevant to a request I was about to make.

Would be nice to be able to export your daily lineup history. I would imagine this data is archived within the site’s data systems since you can click each individual day in the live scoring page. But I would imagine 2 tables (1 each for hitting and pitching) exported to a CSV that have columns with all the data points from the live scoring (each stat category, bench/started designation, position slotted in at, matchup) with an additional column for date. To take it a step further, would have opponent/matchup info for H2H leagues. Also would be great to be able to access the same data for all teams.

This could be easily written as a web scraper, but would require a ping for each team for each day, and figure you can access the data from the backend more easily without stressing the website.

I imagine many people could find many uses for this data, but my main use case would be understanding my lineup efficiency by player (rather than by position which is summarized on the site already)

How does team production not deliver? Comparing performance in lineup to overall season line.

Not sure I understand which site function you’re referring to. Are you referring to the “production per position” at the bottom of the lineups tab? If so, that wouldn’t get me to a player-specific efficiency. I often move people from DH role to position-specific roles when they have earlier games (to leave flexibility in DH in case of rest days), and often move mositions around depending on who’s starting/sitting. So “SS” stats do not reflect an individual player.

There’s a team production page. Click on the top level tools menu. You can also search the forums for “Team production”

I didn’t know this page existed. This fills a simplified version of the request. But I’d love to be able to see it broken down - ie does one day in particular really out weigh others?

But given that this exists, probably a low-level request depending on LOE.