Fantasy Hockey

Hi Everyone!

If you’re like me, you love Ottoneu because of the salary system the site uses. Major kudos to Niv for creating and maintaining an awesome platform. I recently delved into the Fantasy Hockey arena and found there are really only two types of leagues: those without any kind of salary cap (snake drafts) and those that use the player’s actual salary and the league’s salary cap. There doesn’t seem to be any middle ground. I opted into the salary cap league but found that some Tier 2 players live in free agency because there’s simply not enough cap space for any team to roster them. That’s when it occurred to me that Ottoneu and Fangraphs would be a great repository for Fantasy Hockey. Hockey is a lot like Baseball in that there are loyal fanbases, intricate minor league systems, and not enough good sites that do the fantasy portion right. I talked to Niv about that and he suggested putting out a feeler on here to see if there is enough interest to do Fantasy Hockey. If you are interested, please reply so we can try to get a few leagues going next season!

5 Likes

+1 for fantasy hockey! :ice_hockey:

3 Likes

Another +1 for fantasy hockey but basketball first please! hah

would be incredibly interested in any kind of Ottoneu fantasy hockey or basketball leagues, been trying to find something in its style a couple years now

2 Likes

What about hockey? Any traction on that?

Thanks

2 Likes

Absolutely would be in for hockey

2 Likes

Love fantasy hockey and my yahoo group would love to play in a Ottoneu baseball style hockey league. But that being said its a huge under taking and I would rather see it done right. I’m sure when the time is right Niv will add hockey too

2 Likes

Late to reply but would LOVE fantasy hockey.

3 Likes

I’m late to this as well, but would love to do fantasy hockey Ottoneu style!

3 Likes

Agreed - I’m not into hockey, but the idea of trying Ottoneu mixed with hockey sounds like a blast!

2 Likes

Just seen this, mucho interested in Ottoneu fantasy hockey and could attract at least 10 or 20 of hockey pool buddies for sure.

4 Likes

@nivshah any thoughts on Fantash Hockey now that we’ve gotten a decent response on this thread?

3 Likes

Any chance of setting up an initial test league for 22-23 season?

If it needs a $50 or $100 fee to justify … I would be happy to sign up as a test owner.

The Ottoneu format is a great fit for the intracies of dynasty fantasy hockey.

3 Likes

I’m in for sure, probably could find 3 or 4 more guys to join

2 Likes

110% in for hockey and even as a test owner. Whatever the case is, Ottoneu would be great for fantasy hockey.

3 Likes

Extremely interested in Ottoneu Hockey!

2 Likes

Would definitely be in for hockey

1 Like

would!

1 Like

Yep for sure, I could find others to join too if necessary

2 Likes

Not sure if this is still in consideration, but if it helps I know myself and at least two others would be very interested in this!

3 Likes