Football home page initially appears as if not logged in

When you go to the Ottoneu Football home page, you see the generic page for your league - as if you haven’t logged in yet. See first screenshot.

But when you click any link at the top - the name of the league, teams, players - then it logs you in. See second screenshot.

Is this happening with anyone else?

1 Like

I don’t see this happening but will keep this thread open in case someone else can recreate it.

Have you tried clearing cache, etc? Do you see your username the first time you visit www.fangraphs.com ?

It’s happening to me as well. I can recreate it every time by just closing the browser (Chrome, Windows) and loading up my Ottoneu bookmark (which is the league home page).

Same behavior as described in original post.

Cool I can recreate this in Chrome. I am investigating.

Seems to be affecting basketball and football, though not baseball.

I believe this bug should be fixed.

2 Likes

Fixed for me! Thanks Niv

1 Like

Yep, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Bug catcher badge for @jordan.ryan.pedersen

1 Like

I’ll pin it to my denim vest.

2 Likes

FYI I’m now seeing this issue with baseball. I haven’t gotten a screenshot because it doesn’t happen every time, but next time it does, I’ll snap one.

I was able to recreate for baseball. I usually use Firefox, but tried Chrome, logged on, and then immediately clicked on a baseball league.

It actually gave me a mixed message, as it simultaneously indicated I wasn’t logged in while telling me that I had a trade offer pending:

EDIT: Sorry, should have included the URL in the screenshot. It was simply:

There is certainly a thing the baseball site does if you visit a page in your league, then log in, it will give a message saying that you must be logged in even though you are logged in. That’s been true, unfortunately, since … probably 2013. :expressionless:

However I am not seeing any situation where Ottoneu baseball is not logging people in, similar to what the original issue was with football. My first click to my league home page from the user dashboard looks exactly as I’d expect it to.

EDIT Firefox and Chrome here.

All good! Very minor issue, just wanted to make sure you were aware.

1 Like

If you can recreate whatever you’re seeing consistently just let me know here and I’ll try to follow those steps and see what you’re seeing.