Football Search Changes

I often find it difficult to really do what I want to do when using search in Ottoneu Football.

I’m going to compare to baseball although it’s granted that the experiences differ in terms of player pool and positions. The comparison for me is useful only to describe what I usually find myself easily able to do in baseball but can’t do in football.

1. In baseball it’s easy for me to find all players by position and level of play. I’m always confident that the list includes all available players (or all players if I chose that option).
  2. Once I have a list it’s easy to check out stats, roster %, changes in add/drop, avg salary, etc. It makes it fairly easy to find up and coming players (changes in add/drop).
  3. If I’m specifically looking for prospect talent it’s super easy to find minor leaguers by using the filter provided.

Problems I face when using football search:

1. The interface can be confusing. In baseball it’s always clear I’m getting full lists of players per the filters selected. In football I don’t get full lists and sometimes I have to go find a player by Name. I believe this is due to the Top Players filter applied.
  2. When attempting to find college players I have shift through all players.
  3. Given the increase in urgency for football it would be great to know which players are getting added and the points scored in the most recent week. For instance, let’s say a WR scores 20 points in week 3 as a breakout but hadn’t played before that week or hadn’t caught a pass yet. It’d be great to see that clearly in search.
  4. Piggy backing off of that it would be great to know who’s being added in the last 7 or 14 days to clue us in on who everyone is picking up that may deserve our attention.
  5. Being able to filter search based on flex would also be useful to find the player who would be most beneficial to slot in those spots. Or maybe if we had the options like baseball where we could check multiple positions.

Thanks for listening as always!

2 Likes

So specifically speaking to this point:

1. The interface can be confusing. In baseball it’s always clear I’m getting full lists of players per the filters selected. In football I don’t get full lists and sometimes I have to go find a player by Name. I believe this is due to the Top Players filter applied.

You can choose a position from the main form, select “FA only” and hit search and get every player at that position right now. This applies no filters and is a more than complete list, as it includes some players who are retired (this will start cleaning itself up next season).

1 Like

Most recent week’s points have been added to search. If you aren’t seeing this column, make sure to clear your cache.

1 Like

The search interface now has a Level dropdown where you can specify NFL players, college players or both. This is more aligned with how baseball’s search works and will let you focus on prospects if that is what you are trying to find.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Football search field too small on mobile