H2H against 2 teams as an option for football leagues

Your updates to the options for baseball given the short season has inspired me asking for the option to have multiple matchups in ottoneu football this year! Would love to try it out there

2 Likes

I talked to a few football folks about this and I’d like more feedback. My understanding is the leagues that offer this have it only for weeks in which no NFL team is on a bye. Is this true? Does anyone have experience with football leagues with this option?

I agree that it is very interesting, but I need to understand it a little bit better before I can commit to it for football.

I personally haven’t run a league on any website that allowed it as an option. I’m not sure I understand the logic of only allowing 2 matchups for non bye weeks.

So just to clarify… the idea is that you have the same lineup match up against two different teams in the same week and that each of those games would award a win/loss in the standings?

My initial thought is that that’s a little weird and I’m not sure that I see the benefit unless there’s a COVID shortened season. But keeping an open mind.

2 Likes

This is right. The idea is that if you have a monster week, you aren’t pegged 0-1 if you run into the only team who scores more points. It evens out the variance of your matchups.

1 Like

My thoughts is that it reduces randomness of any given Sunday. Maybe your team puts up a mediocre week and goes 1-1 instead of 0-1. Or maybe you wasted a record output on the worst team in the league, so you get to go 2-0 instead of 1-0

1 Like