How do undo an auction draft auction

This has nothing to do with this thread, but i’m new and can’t figure out how to start my own thread on my phone right now. Anyway, did our first draft ever with Otteneu tonight. Someone accidentally nominated the Wrong Wander Franco. I caught it and paused the draft. But bids already at $10 and for the life of me, could not figure out how to back out the nomination. That’s a good feature. So we just went ahead with the wrong Wander, but said that we would pretend it was the real deal Wander. Night 2 of our draft is next Tues to wrap up. So questions… 1) can you back out a nomination? If so, how? 2) how can we switch out the wrong Wander and replace him with the correct Wander for the team that won him?

You can definitely reverse an auction via commish tools outside the draft screen. You get there from the main league page, IIRC. Go into commish tools and it’s called something like “Player Management.” From there you can choose the team and then drop the player.

I’m not currently a commissioner in any of my Ottoneu leagues so I can’t provide more specific directions. But hopefully that’s enough information to get you into the right screen.

2 Likes

Yes, the commish has the ability to add/drop players on any team in the league. They can’t actually remove a nomination in progress during the auction, but you can definitely remove a player from a team during the auction once the bidding has ended. I’ve done this before when the wrong player is nominated.

In this situation the commish should go to Commish Tools/Team Management, choose the team with the wrong Wander, and choose REMOVE A PLAYER (NO CAP PENALTY) to drop the incorrect Wander from the roster. Then, on the same screen/team, the commish should select ADD A PLAYER to put the correct Wander back on that squad, designating the correct salary as well.

2 Likes

Is there any issue that I did this Wander swap in between night 1 of the auction and night 2? The money seems to add up for this roster. He paid $15 for fake Wander, so of course I did $15 for real Wander. But curious, when I look at transactions, it says cut © fake Wander $8 and add © real Wander $15. What is with that $8?

And now I need to change something else for 2 owners, swapping a player from 1 team to another (based on agreement after draft stop time snafu). If i drop that player from one team, and then add him to another (once again, after auction night 1, and before auction night 2). Any long term issues with making this switch at this time?

In hindsight, i didn’t have to do that Wander swap until after the auction. But this latest move, I believe I need to do prior to night 2 (or else just cancel it altogether). And I already did the Wander thing, no going back I guess?

Did you cut him without penalty?

I can look specifically at your league, but my guess: no issue.

1. That $8 will show up in the history, because of how the site works. Cuts are always 50% of the previous salary, rounded up. Cap penalties are cut transactions that are ‘active’, but that $8 transaction isn’t active so the $8 cap penalty was forgiven by the site.

2. I think there’s a MOVE option? But either way, no problem making that transaction at any time. REMOVE from one team, ADD to the other, will be fine.

Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if those answers track or if I got something wrong (a cap penalty still exists! or something).

Ok thanks, that makes sense. Both times, I did “without cap penalty”, I was only nervous about that 50% # showing. But I understand it’s not active. Excellent, thank you! Is anyone tracking my pace of posts on this community board? I might be going for a newbie record

1 Like