Injured Players Still being counted against Roster

Although I had a bunch of guys go on the IL yesterday, they’re still counting against my roster limit --making me drop them in order to set my lineup today (as I needed them to go IL in order to be “legal”)

Anyone else facing this? It’s a first for me (that my allowable roster size hasn’t increased to allow for the IL guys)

Not every IL status gives an extra roster spot. The ones that do show up on your team roster page on the right side. From the rules page:

IV. e. If a player is suspended, on the 60-day IL, on the COVID-19 IL, or opted out of the MLB season, an additional player can be added to the roster. However, this player will still count against the salary cap, and cap penalties will be enforced as normal for any transactions brought about by the player’s status changing

aha, got it, thanks.

1 Like

Sure would like all IL guys to be treated the same (especially since SUSP) guys who are out only a few days receive that status…

In real life, SUSP players are temporarily removed from the 40-man roster.

60IL and COVID and OPT-OUT are all removed from the 40-man in reali life as well.

15IL and 10IL and 7IL all do not remove those players from the 40-man roster, only the 26-man.

2 Likes