Just cut a player and he showed up on waivers

Commissioner of League 9261 - we just had a cut player go to waivers. Our other cuts have gone straight to the player pool as they usually do before the keeper deadline. Is this user error on my part?

Did you cut the player with commissioner tools? In those cases you want to use REMOVE instead of CUT. Subtle and annoying, I know.

If this was someone cutting players on their own, then its a bug, and I’m happy to investigate.

1 Like

Ah, okay, it was commissioner tools. That makes sense. We use the cut option during the season because our custom MiLB prospect system uses cap penalties for call-ups in-season. Will keep this in mind going forward!

1 Like

Thanks as always, Niv!

1 Like

Let me know if you need help getting rid of the cap penalty / waiver stuff.

Looks like a glitch.Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball - home - MVP Baseball 2005

This should be fixed now. I’m looking into the underlying issue.

1 Like

This is still sporadically happening across all leagues and I’m continuing to investigate.

Picked up a bug in league 879: Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball - home - The League of Nate-Jones

Fernando Tatis Jr. is showing up in the Waivers section even though he should not yet be able to be claimed.

He can’t actually be claimed - so there’s no real harm. But it is a strange bug.

Still haven’t figured out why this is happening, but continuing to investigate.

Do more examples in different leagues help the investigation? It just happened in 186 for 1 player amid a bunch that were cut at the same time. The player is Joey Meneses who does have an OUT indication.

Thanks, it might help to have more details about how they were cut (one-off on the player page vs cut players) and any properties of the players cut.

The only pattern I’ve discerned so far is that it seems to happen on the 0s, i.e. 1:50pm, 12:10pm, etc.

I also noticed the 3 leagues mentioned in the chat do not yet have a draft date set.

I had considered that as well. It shouldn’t matter but maybe its tricking out something higher in the flow than I am looking.

I cut mine off player page. Page seemed to glitch and so I clicked cut a second time.

1 Like

This is helpful. I think it is something related to our database. I’m continuing to look into it.

This is happening extremely rarely due to a wild confluence of events involving database performance. I am able to manually deal with this for now, and hopefully we will have a fix soon.

Missed this, thanks, Niv. I just ended up re-adding and then properly removing them, which worked perfectly.

I merged these threads, as this is a backend issue that we (FG/Ottoneu) are working to resolve