Keeper Deadline Questions

So the problem is I don’t even have the option to cut him. Since rosters are frozen.

You kept him, with all the risk entailed therein. Same thing happened in my league, kept for $52. You accepted the risk in keeping him, and injuries happen.

You can cut him immediately after your auction, so if you intend to cut him, be sure to spend all your auction dollars, since you know you’ll be getting half of Sale’s salary right after the draft.

2 Likes

You’ll get all the money back soon enough as well. There will probably be somebody who takes him at around 50% of current value and stashes him.

If not, after 30 days make sure to nominate him for auction and you’ll at least get another 50% of current auction value back again if you re-cut him. At that point somebody is going to grab/stash him and you’ll get the remainder of your cap hit lifted.

1 Like

hi niv,
so we need to make roster cuts/keeper decisions by 11:59pm on january 31? just looking to confirm the exact timing. waiting on player news in some cases. sounds like once the clock strikes february 1 it is too late.
thanks,
jamie

Yes, as should be plastered on your league home page.

Bumping this for 2022! Keeper deadline this year is February 15.

Thank you for the “bump” on this thread, Niv. I have at least one trade offer out, and wanted to make sure that I would be okay if it were accepted.

1 Like

Do trades agreed to before the deadline have to clear before the deadline? Or, do the teams involved just have to make sure they keep everyone involved in the trade. I’m in leagues making trades yesterday and today that will not clear until after today’s 11:59 p.m. deadline. Thanks in advance.

This is answered multiple times already in this thread including in the original post.

If a trade can be accepted, it will be processed.

Ottoneu Yankees are over the cap, and work out a deadline day deal with the Ottoneu Red Sox to trade players that still leave the Yankees over the cap with five empty roster slots

does the trade go through?

If a trade is agreed to on the site, it will be processed. Just like I said in the previous post on this thread.

got it…so there’s no requirement to be “legal” (under the cap with at least $1 for each open roster spot) at the deadline

If your roster is not legal after the keeper deadline, then you won’t be able to participate in the auction (without commissioner intervention to trim your roster down). You’ll have to make your roster legal in-season (i.e., subject to cap penalties).

2 Likes

Trades processing has nothing to do with a team being legal.