Leagues that allow adding and keeping $0 prospects

For those leagues that use the MiLB process (holding prospects “off books”) would it be possible to allow commissioners to add players to 40 man rosters for $0 each? This would allow teams to carry MiLB players on their actual rosters (easier to track and trade) without counting against the salary cap. If they could be made like 60 day DL players, they would not count against the 40 man cap either. Thanks

2 Likes

I still think a foundational principle of Ottoneu fantasy games is that every player should have to be paid some amount of money and take up a roster spot unless they are so injured that they can’t play. The 5-MiLB format goes counter to that and will remain as a community mod for now.

I’d love to hang out for a hour and talk about the philosophy behind the pros and cons of what I just said, by the way. It’s an interesting conversation that is relevant to current MLB events.

3 Likes

I hope you two follow up on this conversation at some point. I’m in 836 with 15 milb off books. We’re going to experience continuous issues with waivers, auctions and trades due to the fact that the off-book players aren’t assigned to and protected by their team.

@LuckyStrikes and I actually discussed this yesterday and there aren’t any plans to support keeping players off the books. It goes against a core principle of the Ottoneu economic system.

I obviously have no problem with leagues choosing to adopt custom rules, and I’m willing to look into them when it makes sense - the arbitration system came out of a user suggested mod, for example. However, I don’t think this particular mod makes sense to officially support.

Maybe an opportunity for an enterprising Chrome Extension developer…

1 Like

Agreed, a Chrome extension could be a solution here, or (as someone from my league suggested), some third party site or application (fleaflicker). Will continue to look into this.

I’ll keep @swindaman3 and @vibbot in the loop as I know they both run MiLB leagues