Loss with higher points?

This may be addressed elsewhere and I’m just searching for the wrong keywords.

I’m in league 9014 and I just noticed that my team (Waccabuc Gas Catchers) has a loss on the record from this matchup.

I don’t believe this would affect our league’s standings and I don’t care about the record in the slightest, but I just wanted to flag it in case that’s helpful. I imagine this was the result of a ruling change some time later on.

We incorporate stat corrections up to 30 days after the fact, so H2H scoring can change after the fact. This does not affect results, so teams can look like they win despite scoring fewer points.

The rules have a line about this:

III. e. MLB stat corrections will be applied as necessary and in as timely a fashion as possible. Stat corrections will affect team stat and point totals, but will not change H2H results after the fact

I guess that is just repeating what I just said :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

It does! Thank you! I searched the rules for “ruling,” so I missed it haha.

1 Like

We had a close matchup during week of 2 of my league (1071) between Daddy Vladdy and BiteMyShinyMetalAstudillo. BMSMA won by a few points initially, but then it seems like there was a scoring update and not Vladdy is ahead by 8 points in that week’s matchup. However Vladdy’s record didn’t update and still shows as a loss that week.

Niv, is there a way to correct this error for that week’s matchup?

Thanks!

Rules page:

III. e. MLB stat corrections will be applied as necessary and in as timely a fashion as possible. Stat corrections will affect team stat and point totals, but will not change H2H results after the fact

Stat corrections can show up well after the game in question and if they could flip results a month later it would cause chaos for anyone in H2H leagues, so we do not change results if the stat correction comes after the game is ‘final’.

Here is an example of a stat correction that came through in the last couple of days:

1. 4/16 AZ@MIA – In the top of the 2nd inning, the double hit by Corbin Carroll has been changed to a two-base error charged to Bryan De La Cruz. As a result, one run scored in the inning is now unearned to Sandy Alcantara.
1 Like

For future reference, you can track MLB stat corrections here:

They are listed in the order they are applied, so you can see how they aren’t really applied in chronological order. Teams have a lot of leeway to request scoring changes well after a MLB game goes final.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Loss with more points despite no scoring corrections