Looking for 12 (11 more) active owners for a new $100 FGPTS league with 10MiLB rosters. 10MiLB rules below. Please reply if interested! League is: https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/processinvite?code=eyJMZWFndWVJRCI6IjEwMTAiLCJJbnZpdGVyIjoiZHJld29uZWlsbCIsIkludml0ZXJJRCI6Ijc0NTUxIn0= Co-owners welcome.
10MiLB players will be owned outside of the standard Ottoneu 40-man roster system for a salary of $0 each. Ownership and transaction history will be managed by commissioner in a spreadsheet shared with all owners. 10MiLB players are consider non-rostered and are ineligible to receive annual arbitration allocations so long as the player has not been added (“called up”) to any owner’s standard 40-man Ottoneu roster at any point during the year.
Unless they are added via trade, 10MiLB players may only be added during the annual non-roster draft. 10MiLB players cannot be added to the non-roster portion of an owner’s roster at any other time during the year, and cannot be added via the standard Ottoneu free-agent or waiver system by starting a player auction.
- Players ineligible for 10MiLB non-roster status:
- Unsigned (amateur or foreign) players
- Players with MLB experience (one PA or IP)
- Any player that is currently owned by another team in the league
- Any player with either a slary or cap penalty of >= $1 in the current season
- 10MiLB keepers will occupy your first available round picks in the 10MiLB draft the following season.
- Ex: if you keep eight 10MiLB players, your first 10MiLB pick in the draft will be in Round 9.
- The draft will be a randomized snake draft beginning in January 2019.
- Each team will have 12 hours to make their selection and post it to the league board or external thread. List of exempt players will be provided prior to the draft.
- The Call Up:
- 10MiLB players may be “called up” (added) to an owner’s standard 40-man Ottoneu roster at any time by announcing the transaction to the league via the league message board.
- 10MiLB players must be added to an owner’s standard 40-man Ottoneu roster within 48 hours after the player incurs his first MLB PA (hitters) or IP (pitchers). Upon “call up”, the league commissioner will add the non-rostered MiLB player to the owner’s 40-man roster for a salary of $1, at which point the player will be considered “rostered”, immediately included in the team’s salary ($400) and roster limits (40), and eligible for cut (with cap penalty), trade, and arbitration allocations, and ineligible for future 10MiLB status (even if the player is sent back to the minor leagues).
- In order to cut a 10MiLB player, the player must be first “called up” to the 40-man roster, thus incurring a $1 cap penalty upon cut.