New $100 FGPTS League + 10MiLB

I’ll jump in here since we have an 15MiLB system in 836: I don’t recommend you limit minor league in-season prospect auctions. First, it’s almost unmanageable. Second, it’s unnecessary. While it’s certainly possible a team could tank and hoard prospects on the 40 man, the prospects available will be thinned by the MiLB drafts anyway, so the true talent available will be limited. Plus, those teams that hoard prospects are often uncompetitive, and even the biggest prospect lovers will figure out that hoarding B level prospects isn’t a good way to win long term. Finally, if you’re set on limiting minor leaguers outside of the MiLB drafts, consider doing it with a carrot rather than a stick. In 836 each team has to “earn” the 15 MiLB slots by hitting certain PA and IP thresholds. If you don’t meet the minimums, you lose a few draft spots (I lost one spot from 2018 so I will only be able to carry 14 MiLB into next season rather than 15 like other teams). It should help offset your concern about prospect hoarding but the better benefit is that it really pushes every owner to remain engaged all season long, even when they are out of the race. You can’t hit the minimums if you carry too many prospects…

1 Like